-   -   laptop hp dm1 3080 problems: clickpad, IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, Realtek smart card reader, Ralink/motorola/broadcom 2011 wifi (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-laptop/623171-laptop-hp-dm1-3080-problems-clickpad-idt-high-definition-audio-codec-realtek-smart-card-reader-ralink-motorola-broadcom-2011-wifi.html)

Fernando Gadea 01-20-2012 12:52 PM

laptop hp dm1 3080 problems: clickpad, IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, Realtek smart card reader, Ralink/motorola/broadcom 2011 wifi

I'm almost desperate...
my machine is with debian 6.0.3 with gnome 2.30.3
kernel 2.6.32-5-amd64

Here is the specification chart of hardware and drivers in w7:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02698960&tmp_task=prodinfoCatego ry&cc=mx&dlc=es&lc=es&product=5057770

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=es&cc=mx&dlc=es&sw_lan g=&product=5057770#N262

I've already looked for free drivers in Synaptic and installed all
that seamed related with no luck.
This is my first time with Debian (I come from Puredyne, but I am not
a power user).
The first install in this new machine was Ubuntu Studio, and wifi was
working. Nevertheless I wanted to try Debian since time ago.

I searched the list for info about this machine and it seems that I am
the only with this hardware..
Please, help!
Thank you all for any tip,

--
Fernando Gadea

Zuper Koleoptera 01-20-2012 12:59 PM

laptop hp dm1 3080 problems: clickpad, IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, Realtek smart card reader, Ralink/motorola/broadcom 2011 wifi

Dear Fernando,

If you need to enable your wireless interface we need to know a bit
more on your addpter,lets try the lspci command.
Open a terminal and type:
lspci

paste output in a file and attach it in you next message.

Thank you

Fernando Gadea 01-20-2012 01:07 PM

laptop hp dm1 3080 problems: clickpad, IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, Realtek smart card reader, Ralink/motorola/broadcom 2011 wifi

Thank you for your answer!
here it goes the lspci atachment.

Thank you again

Zuper Koleoptera 01-20-2012 01:15 PM

laptop hp dm1 3080 problems: clickpad, IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, Realtek smart card reader, Ralink/motorola/broadcom 2011 wifi

Well sorry that was my mistake, I am at work and currently cannot open
.odt files..You can save it as .doc for MSOffice and I will be able to
open it...

llcfree 01-20-2012 01:35 PM

laptop hp dm1 3080 problems: clickpad, IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, Realtek smart card reader, Ralink/motorola/broadcom 2011 wifi

Why not to simply cut and paste it, or use a text file?

>From a terminal:

lspci -v > lspci.out

Then simply include or attach lspci.out. Let's leave microsoft
proprietary formats out of this list. Thanks.

Loredana

Zuper Koleoptera 01-20-2012 01:42 PM

laptop hp dm1 3080 problems: clickpad, IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, Realtek smart card reader, Ralink/motorola/broadcom 2011 wifi

Indeed, the problem is that notepad does not recognise properly .ended files.

On the other hand Fernando can just save it in a .doc file and I can
or you if interested, help him solve his problem and make one more
user happy????

Anyhow offering assistance has nothing to do with fight against evil.....

Fernando Gadea 01-20-2012 01:43 PM

laptop hp dm1 3080 problems: clickpad, IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, Realtek smart card reader, Ralink/motorola/broadcom 2011 wifi

No problem, here it is in txt file

Fernando

--
Fernando Gadea
nan@ulises:~$ lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Device 1510
00:01.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Device 9802
00:01.1 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc Device 1314
00:04.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Device 1512
00:05.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Device 1513
00:11.0 SATA controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB700/SB800 SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 40)
00:12.0 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB700/SB800 USB OHCI0 Controller
00:12.2 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB700/SB800 USB EHCI Controller
00:13.0 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB700/SB800 USB OHCI0 Controller
00:13.2 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB700/SB800 USB EHCI Controller
00:14.0 SMBus: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 SMBus Controller (rev 42)
00:14.2 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA) (rev 40)
00:14.3 ISA bridge: ATI Technologies Inc SB700/SB800 LPC host controller (rev 40)
00:14.4 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 PCI to PCI Bridge (rev 40)
00:16.0 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB700/SB800 USB OHCI0 Controller
00:16.2 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB700/SB800 USB EHCI Controller
00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 12h/14h Processor Function 0 (rev 43)
00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 12h/14h Processor Function 1
00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 12h/14h Processor Function 2
00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 12h/14h Processor Function 3
00:18.4 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 12h/14h Processor Function 4
00:18.5 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 12h/14h Processor Function 6
00:18.6 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 12h/14h Processor Function 5
00:18.7 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 12h/14h Processor Function 7
01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 06)
02:00.0 Network controller: RaLink Device 539f
nan@ulises:~$

Zuper Koleoptera 01-20-2012 01:56 PM

laptop hp dm1 3080 problems: clickpad, IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, Realtek smart card reader, Ralink/motorola/broadcom 2011 wifi

Dear Fernando,

As it seems formt he output, last line, you have an wifi adapter based
on Ralink chipset. Still though the output is a bit strange cause it
doesn not list a clear model.
You can please do the same with lsusb?
Open terminal and put:
lsusb
copy/paste result in a text file and attach it.

In the meantime it would be also helpfull is you go here

http://wiki.debian.org/rt2860sta

and start reading the squeeze part of the tutorial. Try to follow step
by step and report where you get stuck.

Fernando Gadea 01-20-2012 02:09 PM

laptop hp dm1 3080 problems: clickpad, IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, Realtek smart card reader, Ralink/motorola/broadcom 2011 wifi

Yes I can Zuper: here it goes the lsusb in a txt file, and I go to
your link now!

ps: thank you, and the list, for all for this help!

Fernando

--
Fernando Gadea

Fernando Gadea 01-20-2012 02:10 PM

laptop hp dm1 3080 problems: clickpad, IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, Realtek smart card reader, Ralink/motorola/broadcom 2011 wifi

Sorry, I missed the lsusb file.

--
Fernando Gadea
nan@ulises:~$ lsusb