Old 01-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Fernando Gadea

Default laptop hp dm1 3080 problems: clickpad, IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, Realtek smart card reader, Ralink/motorola/broadcom 2011 wifi

I did as you said, but, do I have to put it like this:

debhttp://security.debia.... ....

or like this:

deb http://security.debia..... ..

because when I updated it gave me an error.

I am sorry if this is a naive question.
Thank you again

2012/1/20, Luís Bandarra <lbandarra@gmail.com>:
> On 20-01-2012 17:28, Fernando Gadea wrote:
>> The "force version" option is darked, I mean, present but not
>> available, even if I am in superuser mode. I tryed Ivanov's idea
>> (sorry I did not reply in time, Mr. Ivanov) but the Ralink link is
>> dead.
>> Should I install a previous version of Debian?
>
> If you select the package it's darken?
>
> Let's try this:
>
> 1. Back up your sources.list
>
> 2. Create a new sources.list with only:
> # non free squeeze updates:
> debhttp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free
> deb-srchttp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free
>
> debhttp://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib non-free
> deb-srchttp://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib non-free
>
> # squeeze-updates, previously known as 'volatile'
> debhttp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze-updates main
> deb-srchttp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze-updates main
>
> 3. In /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ create squeeze-backports.list and write to
> it:
>
> # debian backports
> debhttp://backports.debian.org/debian-backports squeeze-backports main
> contrib non-free
>
> 4. Run synaptic as root and do reload.
>
> 5. (Hopefully) "Force version" will be available when selected the packages:
> linux-base
> initramfs-tools
>
> 6. Select linux-image-2.6.39-bpo.2-amd64
>
> 7. After that choose the firmware-ralink backport (0.33)
>
> Hopeful it will work!
>
> If it doesn't work, or prefer to compile (method sugested by Ivan), the link
> for the module is http://www.ralinktech.com/en/04_support/support.php?sn=501
> and choose the driver you want. It ask for registration after that.

>>> Using synaptic, you need to "Force version" on the packages: linux-base
>>> and
>>> initramfs-tools and them select linux-image-2.6.39-bpo.2-amd64
>>> After that, you should select firmare-ralink from backport.
>>>
>>> If after that it doesn't work try the method sugestted by Ivan T. Ivanov:
>>> "Try instruction described here:
>>>
>>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=11206409&postcount=82
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Ivan

--
Fernando Gadea

Old 01-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Luís Bandarra

Ups... that one was my mistake sorry!! Damn copy+paste+don't look

Choose deb http.......blabla

Old 01-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Fernando Gadea

ok, I did it, but it still does not allow me to force it. The only
option available is "Block version". The packages linux-base and
initramfs-tools are already installed and when selected do alowe me to
select "force version" from the package menu. Is this ok?

--
Fernando Gadea

Old 01-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Kees de Jong

Can't this be discussed on Debian IRC? You guys are chatting on a mailinglist about a topic which isn't quite worth all of our attention. Thank you.

--

Met vriendelijke groet,

Kees de Jong

--

Fernando Gadea

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/CA+NvA-A+Sx9aZiocmWTcVOxD+qo1Bv6EDubc0AS-MpxrUTniUg@mail.gmail.com

Old 01-20-2012, 05:28 PM
Luís Bandarra

You are quite right sorry!

wrote:

ok, I did it, but it still does not allow me to force it. The
only

option available is "Block version". The packages linux-base
and

initramfs-tools are already installed and when selected do
alowe me to

select "force version" from the package menu. Is this ok?

2012/1/20, Luís Bandarra <lbandarra@gmail.com>:

> Ups... that one was my mistake sorry!! Damn
copy+paste+don't look

> Choose deb http.......blabla

> On 20-01-2012 18:10, Fernando Gadea wrote:

>> I did as you said, but, do I have to put it like
this:

>> debhttp://security.debia.... ....

>> or like this:

>> deb http://security.debia.....
..

wrote:

not be marked for installation.

it is going to install

will not be installed.

but it is going to be installed

version" on the packages: linux-base

linux-image-2.6.39-bpo.2-amd64

firmare-ralink from backport.

method sugestted by Ivan T.

I would do it, I mean, if that

I will try in Synaptics.

you.

Gadea<fgadea@gmail.com> *
*wrote:

Synaptics, but it's name is slightly

2.6.39-bpo.2-amd64". If that's it I'll go for it.

you can try the same for the kernel through

linux-image-2.6.39-bpo.2-686-pae

reboot...

16:09, Fernando Gadea wrote:

Synaptics the most, to tell the true. As I am not a power

can mix things up if I try something in the

yes, I am doing what you tell and learning (and I am

linux command line book, but slowly).

to: Package->Force Version {I use in pt_PT:

"Pacote->Forçar

choose the one in backports, and try the rest with

firmware-ralink and wireless-tools

shows that ralink is installed. Notice I had a

backport packages the first try, but after it

to...

there might be some conflict with

amd64 Packages

amd64 Packages

comment out that repo in the /etc/apt/sources.list file.

the file in an editor and put # infront of the line.

update

install firmware-ralink wireless-tools

question did you use always aptitude or just now because

If not try with apt-get. It is a bout the same only it

dependancies a different way.

of aptitude update& * * install try:

update

wrote:

it is the terminal output in txt

Please don't look at the puredata server problem. it seems

extended version for 64 bit.