Old 01-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Takis Diakoumis

Default automount under gnome 3

hi
i recently completed a clean install of gnome 3 using wheezy/sid.
i'm still tweaking a little and can't seem to get auto-mount to work when inserting or booting with usb drives attached.

i have gnome-settings-daemon*3.2.2-2 installed. mounting 'manually' from the*computer:/// location in nautilus works fine - all drives attached are shown here fine - they're just never auto-mounted.

i have automount and automount-open checked in dconf org.gnome.desktop.media-handling.
couple of other issues in gnome 3.2 so far include empathy not notifying when a message is received and software update notifications don't work though i have verified package repository updates do seem to be working - perhaps subjects for a later post after i do some more digging on these.

suggestions appreciated.
thanksTakis

Old 01-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Zuper Koleoptera

Hi,

Sounds like an issue I faced abit back when moving from stable to
testing, but in an openbox installation not gnome 3.2 so check before
you apply.
First check if you have ntfs-config ntfs-3g:
dpkg -l ntfs-config
dpkg -l ntfs-3g
if not install both.

Then run: sudo ntfs-config
Install disk-manager and run: sudo disk-manager
Finally reboot.

I am giving you the packages in this order cause this is how it worked
for me. Sorry for the top post but I am writing from office box ie
browser issue.

thanks

Old 01-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Raymundo Vásquez Ruiz

Hello,

I've experienced the same situation due to an installation using a USB
instead of a CD/DVD.

If that's your case check in /etc/fstab (or posted the file in here)

Regards,
Ray

--
Ray Bachas<ray@lunasexta.org>

'cddooc'.
.cxko;,,,;lxx:.
;xl' cOx'
lx. .... ck'
.k. ' ,O'
.x. ': .c,
x; .:;'.','
'ko
.cc.
.:;.
;;..

Old 01-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Takis Diakoumis

hi
i have both ntfs and ext3/4 drives that i plug in via usb. in any case the ntfs packages you list are installed.
i am not familiar with disk-manager and will try that now. i was expecting that if gnome 3.x is attempting to integrate/simplify/control numerous pieces that it would 'just work' without the need of installing additional packages as a work around.

anyway, thanks very much for your suggestion.Takis

Old 01-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Takis Diakoumis

hi
thanks for replying. i installed via net install cd- no usb so /etc/fstab is 'clean'.
thanks again Takis

[...]

* * .:;.

* * * *;;..

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/4F074F29.50505@lunasexta.org

Old 01-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Florian Reitmeir

Hi,

Takis Diakoumis wrote:

i'm still tweaking a little and can't seem to get auto-mount to work
when inserting or booting with usb drives attached.

are you in the correct groups? plugdev..

--
Florian Reitmeir
E-Mail: florian@reitmeir.org