Old 11-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Thierry Chatelet

Default Help me compile Debian

On Wednesday 16 November 2011 19:41:50 Luis Miguel Rojas Aguilera wrote:
> SNIP

Well, first, you should create a new thread, ie: hit new and not reply, to ask a
new quetion. No harm, many of us have done that when learning debian.
Then, have you tryed to install with a stock kernel, either stable or testing.
But if you are new to linux, I will say stable will do, if it is ok with your
hardware.
Thierry

Old 11-29-2011, 02:13 AM
Nick Boyce

On 16/11/2011 18:42, Luis Miguel Rojas Aguilera wrote:

> Hi, i'm not experienced compiling and all that stuff i mean i don't
> know which modules to install, i want to compile debian to my laptop
> Toshiba Satellite L505D GS6000, here i post the out of lspci and
> /proc/cpuinfo. Thanks , i'll really apreciate any help.

I (and probably many others here) don't understand what you're asking
for - which software do you want to compile ? The whole of Debian ?
Just KDE ? Do you want to know how to install a compiler ? If you can
be more specific then we may be able to help you.

Irrespective, here are two points in response to what you asked :

* This list is concerned specifically with the packaging of the KDE
desktop
software collection for Debian. Unless you are asking for help with
that
software then this is the wrong list for your question.

* If you are not experienced at compiling then the best advice for you
is to
not even try, but to install the ready-made binary packages made
available
by the Debian package maintainers and other volunteers.

Cheers
Nick Boyce