-   -   Trouble CPU frequency and battery on macbook (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-laptop/58476-trouble-cpu-frequency-battery-macbook.html)

"Alexandre Neubert" 07-29-2007 01:27 PM

Trouble CPU frequency and battery on macbook

Hello List,
I recently got a new Macbook and while tryning to install debian on it I have some trouble getting the cpu frequency scalling and the battery status working.
I followed the tutorials on:

http://wiki.debian.org/MacBook#head-7271d26c7c6e311218ca20422f7eb86e76a6d5e3
and
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_Apple_MacBook

Here are the action I did exactly:

- Following these tutorials, I got a 2.6.22 kernel from kernel.org
- I pachted them with the mactel sources for this kernel version
- I recompiled the kernel using the configuration file provided by the gentoo wiki and set all cpu frequency scalling options to modules (powersave, ondemand, ...) and the default governor to userspace

- Once recompiled, I installed cpufreqd

On the Gnome desktop, the battery applet tells me that there is no battery present, as if ACPI was not configured correctly and cpu frequency scalling
applets tells me that my CPU's are running at 100% (although default governor is userspace).

CPU frequency scalling works with the command line:
cpufreq-set -c 0 -d 1GHz, so I tried to make an init script with this, but this does not seem to work. In fact, the script seems never to be executed.
To do this, I followed the tutorial on:

I thought CPU frquency and battery management were governed by the same features.
Does anybody know why I don't get my battery status to work? Did I for forgot a module in the kernel?

How come that I can't get my CPU frequency to run on minimum although userspace is set?
Finally, how come that my script is not executed although the symblic links in te different runlevel were created?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Alex

P.S In case it helps, here is an output of lsmod:

# lsmod
Module***************** Size* Used by
hci_usb*************** 17500* 2
rfcomm**************** 40408* 0