-   -   Does anyone have USB sound working for headphones? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-laptop/573185-does-anyone-have-usb-sound-working-headphones.html)

"Bill.M" 09-08-2011 11:03 AM

Does anyone have USB sound working for headphones?

Hi folks,

I have sound working on my laptop - both the speakers and the RCA jack
output to powered speakers. Great. But my USB headphones don't work.
USB is enabled in the bios and there are a lot of USB and audio modules
installed. But perhaps there's one missing or the connection to the
headphones is not activated or doesn't override the speakers/RCA jack.
I'm not sure.

Hotplugging a USB mouse will work, but not the headphones.

I believe the headphones are detected because in the Volume Control
Device selector "HP Premium Digital Headset" shows up. But selecting it
changes nothing.

Here's a couple of lists of installed modules. Anything missing?
Any other pointers? Is there a package I should install?

b.

# lsmod |grep audio

snd_usb_audio 64070 1
snd_usb_lib 13960 1 snd_usb_audio
snd_hwdep 5380 2 snd_usb_audio,snd_hda_codec
snd_pcm 60503 8
snd_atiixp_modem,snd_via82xx_modem,snd_intel8x0m,s nd_ac97_codec,snd_usb_audio,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_ codec,snd_pcm_oss
snd 46526 19
snd_atiixp_modem,snd_via82xx_modem,snd_intel8x0m,s nd_ac97_codec,snd_hda_codec_intelhdmi,snd_usb_audi o,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixe r_oss,snd_hwdep,snd_pcm,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq,snd_ti mer,snd_seq_device
usbcore 122498 7
snd_usb_audio,snd_usb_lib,uvcvideo,btusb,usbhid,eh ci_hcd

# lsmod |grep usb

snd_usb_audio 64070 1
snd_usb_lib 13960 1 snd_usb_audio
snd_hwdep 5380 2 snd_usb_audio,snd_hda_codec
snd_pcm 60503 8
snd_atiixp_modem,snd_via82xx_modem,snd_intel8x0m,s nd_ac97_codec,snd_usb_audio,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_ codec,snd_pcm_oss

snd_rawmidi 15515 2 snd_usb_lib,snd_seq_midi
snd 46526 19
snd_atiixp_modem,snd_via82xx_modem,snd_intel8x0m,s nd_ac97_codec,snd_hda_codec_intelhdmi,snd_usb_audi o,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixe r_oss,snd_hwdep,snd_pcm,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq,snd_ti mer,snd_seq_device

btusb 9913 2
bluetooth 41827 9 sco,bnep,rfcomm,l2cap,btusb
usbhid 33292 0
hid 63257 1 usbhid
usbcore 122498 7
snd_usb_audio,snd_usb_lib,uvcvideo,btusb,usbhid,eh ci_hcd

nls_base 6377 3 isofs,udf,usbcore