Old 05-27-2011, 06:47 PM
Jérôme

Default Synaptics Clickpad on HP Envy 13 & drag'n'drop

Le vendredi 27 mai 2011 à 20:16 +0400, Ilya Ilembitov a écrit :
> Hi, all.
>
> I own HP Envy 13 laptop running Debian testing amd64. This machine is
> equipped with the notorious Synaptics Clickpad, which barely works.
> I.e. it doesn't support right button click (it recognizes all clicks
> as left button clicks) and it doesn't support drag'n'drop.
>
> Right button clicks are no biggie, since you can just make a two
> finger click and it will work as a right button click. But lack of
> drag'n'drop support is a great problem - I can't do a lot of stuff
> because of that. The only thing I could google is the blogpost about
> OpenSuSE's patches, but those only enable right button click.

Use xev from term (or xinput), you can see messages. With Gnome, look at
gpointing-device-settings

Old 06-08-2011, 02:01 PM
Alexander Reichle-Schmehl

Hi!

Am 27.05.2011 18:16, schrieb Ilya Ilembitov:

> I own HP Envy 13 laptop running Debian testing amd64. This machine is
> equipped with the notorious Synaptics Clickpad, which barely works.
> I.e. it doesn't support right button click (it recognizes all clicks
> as left button clicks) and it doesn't support drag'n'drop.

Well, support for the Clickpad is still in an early state. While the
Kernel happily supports it already, the corresponding xorg driver misses
it. However there are patches, which kind of work. At least basic
functionality is there.

I created some experimental packages with that patches are available at
http://people.debian.org/~tolimar/tmp/clickpad/ ; but use them at your
own risk.

Best regards,
Alexander