Old 02-12-2008, 08:47 AM
"Михаил Демин"

Default etch on lenovo r61i

Hello!

>I've got the resoulution 1280x800, but I am not able to change it, if I
>do, KDE turns off and I find myself in loging-in.

Check out your /ect/X11/xorg.conf file, section "Screen". May be you need to specify there other screen resolutions.

Michael.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:51 AM
"Clifford W. Hansen"

On Wednesday 13 February 2008 12:00, Embrik Kaslegard wrote:
> Михаил Демин wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > >I've got the resoulution 1280x800, but I am not able to change it, if I
> > >do, KDE turns off and I find myself in loging-in.
> >
> > Check out your /ect/X11/xorg.conf file, section "Screen". May be you
> > need to specify there other screen resolutions.
> >
> > Michael.
>
> Done that. If I delete 1280x800 in xorg.conf and restart kde, I get
> 1024x768. But I find this unnessesary much work. I think I should be ale
> to change resolution "on the fly" without restarting kde. AND I have to
> remove 1280x800 in the config-file to be able to use 1024x768.
>
> Embrik
Greetings,

I use `krandrtray` provided by kcontrol, maybe that will help...

Runs in the tray and on right click shows the resolutions you can change to.

HTH
--
Thank you,

Clifford W. Hansen
PHP Developer / Linux Administrator

(Cell) +27 82 883 8677
(Fax) +27 86 503 0634
(E-Mail) clifford@nighthawk.co.za
(MSN) clifford@nighthawk.co.za
(Skype) cliffordwhansen
(GPG) 0x2337231A

Old 02-12-2008, 10:19 AM
Malcolm

Try read this doc: http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Installing_Ubuntu_7.10_%28Gutsy_Gibbon%29_Tribe_on _a_ThinkPad_R61

2008/2/13, Embrik Kaslegard <embrik_leifsson@yahoo.no>:
Михаил Демин wrote:
> Hello!
>
> >I've got the resoulution 1280x800, but I am not able to change it, if I
> >do, KDE turns off and I find myself in loging-in.
>
> Check out your /ect/X11/xorg.conf file, section "Screen". May be you

> need to specify there other screen resolutions.
>
> Michael.
Done that. If I delete 1280x800 in xorg.conf and restart kde, I get
1024x768. But I find this unnessesary much work. I think I should be ale

to change resolution "on the fly" without restarting kde. AND I have to
remove 1280x800 in the config-file to be able to use 1024x768.

Embrik

С уважением, Malcolm.
http://malcolm.ru

Old 02-12-2008, 10:28 AM
"Franklin PIAT"

Thinkpad R61 and T61 share most components.
You migtht want to have a look at :
http://www.klabs.be/~fpiat/linux/debian/Etch_on_Thinkpad_T61.html

Which video card do you have ?
Which xorg driver do you use ? (using xrandr with vesa is known to have
serious problems)

For Audio, see the guide mentioned above.

Franklin

Old 02-13-2008, 09:00 AM
Embrik Kaslegard