Old 02-09-2008, 07:01 AM
Michelle Konzack

Default Acer Aspire 7220

Hello,

Now, my neighbour have definitiv choosen to install Linux on her new
Aspire 7220, but, because I was not there, another Friend has installed
Ubuntu and because it was ver late in the evening, not checked that it
bootup correctly...

On friday she was comng to me and, - Ubuntu does NOT recognize the
nVidia SATA-Controller, which mean, /dev/sda1 is not availlable. Oops,
but the box is booting up and end in a Kernel-Panic.

OK, now I have inserted my Etch DVD, Ubuntu erased and Debian installed.
Now it is working fine and there is NO problem with the bootup, except
the nVidia Networkcard and nVidia GForce 7000M are not recognized.

Since I have no MadWifi-Sources available (they are in non-free and not
on the DVD) I can not get the Atheros Wifi running...

Does anyone has an experience with the nVidia Ethernet AND know, which
Version of Xorg support the GF7000M? <backports.org>?

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
Michelle Konzack

Michelle Konzack Apt. 917 ICQ #328449886
50, rue de Soultz MSN LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193 67100 Strasbourg/France IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)