Old 04-02-2011, 08:06 PM
James Brown

Default Acer OrbiCam don't work

I have a laptop "Acer TravelMate 3043" with "Acer OrbiCam":
$ lsusb
Bus 005 Device 002: ID 046d:0896 Logitech, Inc. OrbiCam

That cam don't work:
1)
> > ~$ mplayer tv://
> > MPlayer SVN-r31918 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team
> > Can't open joystick device /dev/input/js0: No such file or directory
> > Can't init input joystick
> > mplayer: could not connect to socket
> > mplayer: No such file or directory
> > Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote
control.

> > Playing tv://.
> > TV file format detected.
> > Selected driver: v4l2
> > name: Video 4 Linux 2 input
> > author: Martin Olschewski <olschewski@zpr.uni-koeln.de>
> > comment: first try, more to come ;-)
> > v4l2: your device driver does not support VIDIOC_G_STD ioctl,
VIDIOC_G_PARM was used instead.
> > Selected device: Camera
> > Capabilities: video capture read/write streaming
> > supported norms:
> > inputs: 0 = vc032x;
> > Current input: 0
> > Current format: unknown (0x55595659)
> > tv.c: norm_from_string(pal): Bogus norm parameter, setting default.
> > v4l2: ioctl enum norm failed: Invalid argument
> > Error: Cannot set norm!
> > Selected input hasn't got a tuner!
> > v4l2: Cannot get fps
> > v4l2: ioctl set mute failed: Invalid argument
> > v4l2: ioctl query control failed: Invalid argument
> > v4l2: ioctl query control failed: Invalid argument
> > v4l2: ioctl query control failed: Invalid argument
> > v4l2: ioctl query control failed: Invalid argument
> > open: No such file or directory
> > [MGA] Couldn't open: /dev/mga_vid
> > open: No such file or directory
> > [MGA] Couldn't open: /dev/mga_vid
> > [VO_TDFXFB] This driver only supports the 3Dfx Banshee, Voodoo3 and
Voodoo 5.
> > s3fb: Couldn't map S3 registers: Operation not permitted
> > Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
> > [vdpau] Error when calling vdp_device_create_x11: 1

> > Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x55595659.

> > v4l2: ioctl set mute failed: Invalid argument
> > v4l2: 0 frames successfully processed, 1 frames dropped.
> >
> > Exiting... (End of file)

2)
> > $ export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so ; mplayer tv://
> > MPlayer SVN-r31918 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team
> > Can't open joystick device /dev/input/js0: No such file or directory
> > Can't init input joystick
> > mplayer: could not connect to socket
> > mplayer: No such file or directory
> > Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote
control.

> > Playing tv://.
> > TV file format detected.
> > Selected driver: v4l2
> > name: Video 4 Linux 2 input
> > author: Martin Olschewski <olschewski@zpr.uni-koeln.de>
> > comment: first try, more to come ;-)
> > v4l2: your device driver does not support VIDIOC_G_STD ioctl,
VIDIOC_G_PARM was used instead.
> > Selected device: Camera
> > Capabilities: video capture read/write streaming
> > supported norms:
> > inputs: 0 = vc032x;
> > Current input: 0
> > Current format: unknown (0x55595659)
> > tv.c: norm_from_string(pal): Bogus norm parameter, setting default.
> > v4l2: ioctl enum norm failed: Invalid argument
> > Error: Cannot set norm!
> > Selected input hasn't got a tuner!
> > v4l2: Cannot get fps
> > v4l2: ioctl set mute failed: Invalid argument
> > v4l2: ioctl query control failed: Invalid argument
> > v4l2: ioctl query control failed: Invalid argument
> > v4l2: ioctl query control failed: Invalid argument
> > v4l2: ioctl query control failed: Invalid argument
> > open: No such file or directory
> > [MGA] Couldn't open: /dev/mga_vid
> > open: No such file or directory
> > [MGA] Couldn't open: /dev/mga_vid
> > [VO_TDFXFB] This driver only supports the 3Dfx Banshee, Voodoo3 and
Voodoo 5.
> > s3fb: Couldn't map S3 registers: Operation not permitted
> > Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
> > [vdpau] Error when calling vdp_device_create_x11: 1

> > Opening video decoder: [raw] RAW Uncompressed Video
> > Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
> > VO: [xv] 640x480 => 640x480 Planar YV12
> > Selected video codec: [rawyv12] vfm: raw (RAW YV12)

> > Audio: no sound
> > Starting playback...
> > V: 0.0 2/ 2 ??% ??% ??,?% 0 0
> > v4l2: select timeout
> > libv4l2: error dequeuing buf: Invalid argument
> >
> > v4l2: ioctl set mute failed: Invalid argument
> > v4l2: 19 frames successfully processed, 113 frames dropped.
> >
> > Exiting... (Quit)

(In the last event open the next window:
http://s1.ipicture.ru/uploads/20110331/M6aJPXV7.png , without any picture)

It don't work with "cheese" and "skype" too.

I have v4l-modules:
> > ~$ lsmod | grep v4l
> > v4l1_compat 11442 1 videodev
> > v4l2_compat_ioctl32 8474 1 videodev
В системе имеются, в частности, след. пакеты:
> > $ aptitude search v4l
> > i A libv4l-0 - Collection of
video4linux support libraries
> > i v4l-utils - Collection of command

and gspca-modules:
> > $ lsmod | grep gspca
> > gspca_vc032x 21428 0
> > gspca_main 18727 1 gspca_vc032x
> > videodev 29993 1 gspca_main
> > usbcore 122386 8
btusb,gspca_vc032x,gspca_main,usbhid,usb_storage,u hci_hcd,ehci_hcd

With accordance to documentations (
/usr/share/doc/linux-doc-2.6.32/Documentation/video4linux/gspca.txt.gz)
'gspca_vc032x' is the very modul needed for my web-cam.

How can I resove my problem?

Old 04-03-2011, 04:37 AM
James Brown