-   -   Restoring wireless after suspend (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-laptop/504093-restoring-wireless-after-suspend.html)

Peter Bonucci 03-22-2011 05:08 AM

Restoring wireless after suspend

I'm running squeeze using XFCE and the XFCE Power Manager.

When my laptop come back on after a suspend, the wireless is no longer
connected to the router.

If I perform "ifdown wlan0" and "ifup wlan0", the network usually starts up
fine. Some times "ifup" cannot get an IP address from the router.

How can I troubleshoot this?

I'm sure this has been answered many times before. Apparently, my Google
skills are not up to finding the answer.