Old 03-17-2011, 01:23 PM
pahnin sd

Default Ethernet connect problem

I am using debian 6.0
My wifi is working fine but I couldn't use lan on my laptop..
It shows in gnome panel that, wired networks is not managed .. I have searched on internet but I could nt find gud solution.

Please help me...

Old 03-17-2011, 01:29 PM
Philippe LeCavalier

Excerpts from pahnin sd's message of Thu Mar 17 10:23:37 -0400 2011:
> I am using debian 6.0
> My wifi is working fine but I couldn't use lan on my laptop..
> It shows in gnome panel that, wired networks is not managed .. I have
> searched on internet but I could nt find gud solution.
> Please help me...

What do lspci and ifconfig show? dmesg | grep eth could also help us
help you.
--
Thanks,
Phil

Old 03-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Jonas Andradas

My wifi is working fine but I couldn't use lan on my laptop..
It shows in gnome panel that, wired networks is not managed .. I have searched on internet but I could nt find gud solution.

Please help me...

Hello,

you could check if in the file /etc/network/interfaces you have a line defining your wired ethernet card, such as:* "allow-hotplug eth0" or "auto eth0". You also might have the device configured, with lines such as:

iface eth0 inet static
*** address 192.168.1.1
*** netmask 255.255.255.0
*** gateway 192.168.1.100

or

iface eth0 inet dhcp

If you have any of these, you should comment them out by prepending each line with a "#" and then restart the network-manager service (/etc/init.d/network-manager restart).

Jonás Andradas

Skype: jontux
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/andradas
GPG Fingerprint:* 678F 7BD0 83C3 28CE 9E8F

* * * * * * * * * * * * ** 3F7F 4D87 9996 E0C6 9372
Keyservers:* pgp.mit.edu | pgp.rediris.es