Old 11-25-2007, 07:21 PM

Default debian laptop wirless problem

Hi,
I have an HP zt3000 with Intel PRO Wireless 2200BG wireless cards built in.
It has been awful to get it working in spite of instructions I found on
the Internet.
I followed the instructions from http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net/ but
couldn't get it working.

At the moment I'm using Kubuntu on my laptop because of this wireless
problem.

Cheers,
Dustin Johnson
http://www.stock-market-investors.com

Old 11-26-2007, 03:33 AM
"Clifford W. Hansen"

On Sunday 25 November 2007 22:21, dustinjohnson@stock-market-investors.com
wrote:
> Hi,
> I have an HP zt3000 with Intel PRO Wireless 2200BG wireless cards built in.
> It has been awful to get it working in spite of instructions I found on
> the Internet.
> I followed the instructions from http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net/ but
> couldn't get it working.
>
> At the moment I'm using Kubuntu on my laptop because of this wireless
> problem.
>
> Cheers,
> Dustin Johnson
> http://www.stock-market-investors.com
Morning,

1. What is the contents of your '/lib/firmware/' directory and what
does 'dmesg | grep ipw2200' give you?
2. Are you using the kernel module from apt, or did you build from source?
--
Thank you,

Clifford W. Hansen
PHP Developer / Linux Administrator