Old 12-17-2010, 10:44 PM
Gérard Robin

Default alsamixer in squeeze

Hello,
I planed to upgrade from lenny (xfce4) to squeeze on my laptop (acer aspire 5012 wlmi)
First I tried to upgrade from lenny (gnome) to squeeze on a desktop and
I succeeded without problem. (I installed linux-image-2.6.32-5-686 ).

Seeing this result I decided to upgrade from lenny (xfce4) to squeeze on my
laptop (acer aspire 5102 wlmi) I installed linux-image-2.6.32-5-686 too.
However I had more difficulties to configure xorg but I finally succeeded.
However I still stick with a sound problem :

On the desktop "alsamixer" gives me the option CD
and "cdcd" works fine.
lspci gives :

00:05.0 Multimedia audio controller: nVidia Corporation nForce Audio Processing Unit (rev a2)
00:06.0 Multimedia audio controller: nVidia Corporation nForce2 AC97 Audio Controler (MCP) (rev a1)

On the laptop "alsamixer" doesn't give the option CD
and "cdcd" works but no sound ..."sound-juicer" works fine.
lspci gives :
00:14.2 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB4x0 High Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)

When I boot on the kernel 2.6.30 instead of the kernel 2.6.32-5-686, I
get the option CD with "alsamixer" and "cdcd" works fine (with sound)

Can someone help me to solve this problem with squeeze and the kernel 2.6.32-5-686 on my laptop ?

tia.

--
Gérard

Old 01-26-2011, 09:00 PM
Gérard Robin

-------------------------------------8<------------------------------------

Seeing this result I decided to upgrade from lenny (xfce4) to squeeze on my
laptop (acer aspire 5102 wlmi) I installed linux-image-2.6.32-5-686

On the laptop "alsamixer" doesn't give the option CD
and "cdcd" works but no sound lspci gives :
00:14.2 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB4x0 High Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)

I sovded the problem :
I have edited the file /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf and I added at the
bottom of this file:
options snd-hda-intel model=acer

this link gave me the trick : http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/audio_intel_hda
It's in French but just look the arrays to get the useful informations.

htho