Old 12-17-2010, 05:11 PM
Daniel

Default Ati drivers don't start on laptop

Hello, I'm using debian squeeze. My kernel is amd64 and the system is i386. I think the installer automatically installed the amd64 kernel because it detected that my t4300 intel processor can support 64 bit. The problem is, everything works except for my ati hd4330 and touchpad. I followed the debian wiki to install the ati drivers. I did all the steps there...but the driver doesn't start. I even installed firmware-linux-drivers but no luck. I'm really a beginner so I am asking for help. I searched a lot on Google but found no answer. I am available to talk on Gtalk also if someone has some time to help me. Any suggestion is more than appreciated. Please help me get my laptop up and running so I can start learning for school.

Thank you!

Old 12-17-2010, 05:56 PM
"Andrii Borovyi"

Hi Daniel.

Which model of video card do you have?

Sincerely,
Andrii

Old 12-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Alexey A Nikitin

He wrote it already, here:

>The problem is, everything works except for my _ati hd4330_ and touchpad.

Also, please write your answer after qouted text, that way it's easier
to understand conversation.

Best,

Alexey

--
This message was created with 100% recycled electrons

Old 12-17-2010, 08:33 PM
"Andrii Borovyi"

Hi

> >The problem is, everything works except for my _ati hd4330_ and touchpad.

Which one drivers are you using for installation?
Here ( http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1459864 ) reported working with the HD 4330.

> Also, please write your answer after qouted text, that way it's easier
> to understand conversation.

Sure

Old 12-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Daniel

No response yet. I am the only user using debian squeeze with an ati card in the world?

Old 12-18-2010, 01:40 PM
Daniel

I haven't received no answer. The last thing I got was from Adrii asking me what type of video card I have. Please cc me then.

Old 12-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Grard Robin

No response yet. I am the only user using debian squeeze with an ati card in
the world?

Have look here :
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/fedora-35/is-ati-mobility-radeon-hd-4330-supported-in-fedora-12-a-784348/

hth
--
Grard

Old 12-18-2010, 01:50 PM
Daniel

Ohh there is also an ati open source driver which I need to try. How do I remove this proprietary drivers which I installed using debian wiki? I really don't know.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Grard Robin