Old 10-29-2010, 02:56 AM
Huasen Ken

Default why there is no sound output from the front audio pane

I use Debian Squeeze. There is no sound from the front audio panel.But, it works well under windows os.what should i do to enable it?

Old 10-29-2010, 04:15 AM
Arindam Fadikar

try sudo alsactl init*

--
Arindam Fadikar
ISI, New Delhi

Old 10-29-2010, 05:13 AM
Huasen Ken

This is the output:kipade@squeeze>sudo alsactl initUnknown hardware: "HDA-Intel" "SigmaTel STAC9227" "HDA:83847618,80862113,00100201" "0x8086" "0x2113"Hardware is initialized using a guess methodHow about it? The problem still there.

I use Debian Squeeze. There is no sound from the front
audio panel.
But, it works well under windows os.
what should i do to enable it?

--

Arindam Fadikar

ISI, New Delhi

I just came from windows to debian some weeks before. so, i lack
some skills of control it. Here, im not sure my debian is using oss
or alsa(I read some information from wiki, witch said they can't be
use at the same time). I use command to find modules from
/proc/modules:

cat /proc/modules |grep
alsa********************************************** ******
-->nothing found

cat /proc/modules |grep
oss*********************************************** *****

cat modules |grep oss

snd_pcm_oss 28479 0 - Live 0xf832f000

snd_mixer_oss 10461 1 snd_pcm_oss, Live 0xf830f000

snd_pcm 47350 4 snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_pcm_oss, Live
0xf82b8000

snd 33551 17
snd_hda_codec_idt,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_ hwdep,snd_rawmidi,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_se q,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_seq_device,
Live 0xf8214000

does this mean that, my debian uses oss other than alsa?

Old 10-29-2010, 08:12 AM
"Joseph Manning"

On 2010-Oct-29 (Fri) at 02:56 (+0000), Huasen Ken wrote:

>> I use Debian Squeeze. There is no sound from the front audio panel.
>> But, it works well under windows os.what should i do to enable it?

Try this, it may help:

export ALSA_CARD=Device

Old 10-29-2010, 11:33 AM
"Selim T. Erdogan"

Huasen, 29.10.2010 tarihinde şöyle yazmış:
> On 10/29/2010 01:13 PM, Huasen Ken wrote:
> >This is the output:
> >
> >kipade@squeeze>sudo alsactl init
> >Unknown hardware: "HDA-Intel" "SigmaTel STAC9227"
> >"HDA:83847618,80862113,00100201" "0x8086" "0x2113"
> >Hardware is initialized using a guess method
> >
> >How about it? The problem still there.

Have you tried to use a mixer and check that the sound is not muted?
(For example, alsamixer.)

If the mixer doesn't help, you can also try what some other
people who had a similar problem did.
(from https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/363721)
They solved it by adding the line

options snd-hda-intel model=ref

to their file /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf and then rebooting.
However, some people report having to use different settings instead
of "ref" in the line above.

> cat /proc/modules |grep
> alsa -->nothing found
> cat /proc/modules |grep oss
> cat modules |grep oss
> snd_pcm_oss 28479 0 - Live 0xf832f000
> snd_mixer_oss 10461 1 snd_pcm_oss, Live 0xf830f000
> snd_pcm 47350 4 snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_pcm_oss, Live 0xf82b8000
> snd 33551 17
> snd_hda_codec_idt,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_ hwdep,snd_rawmidi,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_se q,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_seq_device,
> Live 0xf8214000
>
> does this mean that, my debian uses oss other than alsa?

No, the *oss modules are OSS emulation on ALSA. The snd_hda_intel is ALSA.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:05 PM

*
Try oss4 sound drivers: www.opensound.com

Old 11-04-2010, 12:56 AM