Old 08-25-2010, 03:37 PM
Jangita

Default Eye Candy Window Manager

Hello List,

When it comes to graphics and linux, is there a Eye Candy window manager
out there; for me if I'm to go GUI and I have a powerful graphics card
humming under the hood; I'd like something that looks nice, shadows,
transparent well drawn icons, widgets and all.

Any thoughts?
--
Jangita | +256 76 91 8383 | Y! & MSN: jangita@yahoo.com
Skype: jangita | GTalk: jangita.nyagudi@gmail.com

Old 08-26-2010, 06:37 AM
Jangita

Archive: 4C760BB2.2060802@jangita.com">http://lists.debian.org/4C760BB2.2060802@jangita.com

Old 08-26-2010, 06:49 AM
Mihira Fernando

On 08/26/2010 12:07 PM, Jangita wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> When it comes to graphics and linux, is there a Eye Candy window
> manager out there; for me if I'm to go GUI and I have a powerful
> graphics card humming under the hood; I'd like something that looks
> nice, shadows, transparent well drawn icons, widgets and all.
>
> Any thoughts?
KDE 4.x ?

Old 08-26-2010, 06:59 AM
Boris

Jangita schrieb:
> Hello List,
>
> When it comes to graphics and linux, is there a Eye Candy window manager
> out there; for me if I'm to go GUI and I have a powerful graphics card
> humming under the hood; I'd like something that looks nice, shadows,
> transparent well drawn icons, widgets and all.
>
> Any thoughts?

Hej Jangita,

have a look at compiz.

Boris

Old 08-26-2010, 07:22 AM
Roman Khomasuridze

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Mihira Fernando <mihiratheace@gmail.com> wrote:

On 08/26/2010 12:07 PM, Jangita wrote:

> Hello List,

> When it comes to graphics and linux, is there a Eye Candy window

> manager out there; for me if I'm to go GUI and I have a powerful

> graphics card humming under the hood; I'd like something that looks

> nice, shadows, transparent well drawn icons, widgets and all.

> Any thoughts?

KDE 4.x ?

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/4C760E66.6030904@gmail.com

Basically two options,
KDE 4.x, It's eye candy by defualt, and you can achieve more by changing some setting,
Gnome with compiz, by default gnome is quite boring, but add compiz, and youl get really advanced effects for your desktop.

Regards

---------
Roman

Old 08-26-2010, 08:00 AM
Robert Smith

When it comes to graphics and linux, is there a Eye Candy window manager out there; for me if I'm to go GUI and I have a powerful graphics card humming under the hood; I'd like something that looks nice, shadows, transparent well drawn icons, widgets and all.

Any thoughts?
-- Jangita | +256 76 91 8383 | Y! & MSN: jangita@yahoo.com
Skype: jangita | GTalk: jangita.nyagudi@gmail.com

--

If you'd like that OS X look, there's also the GNOME-Dock.

--
Rob Smith

Old 08-26-2010, 09:00 AM
Camaleón

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 11:22:30 +0400, Roman Khomasuridze wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Mihira Fernando wrote:
>
>> On 08/26/2010 12:07 PM, Jangita wrote:
>> > Hello List,
>> >
>> > When it comes to graphics and linux, is there a Eye Candy window
>> > manager out there; for me if I'm to go GUI and I have a powerful
>> > graphics card humming under the hood; I'd like something that looks
>> > nice, shadows, transparent well drawn icons, widgets and all.
>> >
>> > Any thoughts?
>> KDE 4.x ?

>> Basically two options,
> KDE 4.x, It's eye candy by defualt, and you can achieve more by changing
> some setting,
> Gnome with compiz, by default gnome is quite boring, but add compiz, and
> youl get really advanced effects for your desktop.

Maybe some videos will contribute to get a clear view about their
possibilities :-)

KDE4 3D desktop
http://bit.ly/aWuFXa

GNOME 3D desktop