Old 08-26-2010, 05:21 AM
pcr

Default acer-WMI timout during boot

I put Debian 5.0.5 lenny on my Acer travelmate 4010 recently and am
having a three minute timeout at "waiting for /dev to be fully
populated...[8.393716] acer-wmi: No or unsupported WMI interface, unable
to load."

which is fine, except the darn timeout is for three full minutes!

I think its happening inside of the debian package "firmware-ipw2x00,
which is installed at version 0.14+lenny2"

Can I change the timeout duration somehow, or how should I report thsi
and to whom? Thanks for any suggestions

Old 09-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Florian Reitmeir

Hi,

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 23:21:56 -0600
pcr <pcr@pcrt.us> wrote:

> I put Debian 5.0.5 lenny on my Acer travelmate 4010 recently and am
> having a three minute timeout at "waiting for /dev to be fully
> populated...[8.393716] acer-wmi: No or unsupported WMI interface,
> unable to load."
>
> which is fine, except the darn timeout is for three full minutes!
>
> I think its happening inside of the debian package "firmware-ipw2x00,
> which is installed at version 0.14+lenny2"
>
> Can I change the timeout duration somehow, or how should I report thsi
> and to whom? Thanks for any suggestions

just report an bug against the package,
the tool has the name "reportbug", usage:
"reportbug <package name>"

cu