Old 08-04-2010, 04:18 PM
hugo vanwoerkom

Default hotkeys acer aspire 3613

Hi,

I inherited a 5 year old acer aspire 3613 and installed lenny on it with
the debian installer.

That installs gnome as the default desktop. Found the wireless broadband
w/o problem.

Al the hotkeys seem to work. Fn+sound up/down Fn+brightness up/down
Fn+F4 sleep Fn+F8 mute.

Also the 4 special keys: mail internet e and P.

I would like to change mail and internet that now bring up evolution and
web browser 2.22.3. How does one do that? Where are thos functions defined?

Hugo

Old 08-05-2010, 05:38 AM
Lalit Dhiri

> To: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
> From: hvw59601@care2.com
> Subject: hotkeys acer aspire 3613
> Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 11:18:26 -0500
>
> Hi,
>
> I inherited a 5 year old acer aspire 3613 and installed lenny on it with
> the debian installer.
>
> That installs gnome as the default desktop. Found the wireless broadband
> w/o problem.
>
> Al the hotkeys seem to work. Fn+sound up/down Fn+brightness up/down
> Fn+F4 sleep Fn+F8 mute.
>
> Also the 4 special keys: mail internet e and P.
>
> I would like to change mail and internet that now bring up evolution and
> web browser 2.22.3. How does one do that? Where are thos functions defined?
>
> Hugo

Hi Hugo,

Assuming you mean you want different default applications please see the following link:

http://library.gnome.org/users/user-guide/stable/prefs-preferredapps.html.en

Old 08-05-2010, 05:59 AM
George Georgiades

If you are using gnome try gconf-editor.

Cheers, George