-   -   sound in Thinkpad X61s (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-laptop/3031-sound-thinkpad-x61s.html)

"Ricardo Teixeira" 11-22-2007 02:50 PM

sound in Thinkpad X61s

Hi.

I have a thinkpad x61s and I'm using debian unstable.
The thing is I can't get no sound even thou I'm using alsa 1.0.15
which should work with my Analog Devices 1984 sound card using
snd_hda_intel module which is loaded.

I can hear something if I press backspace on a console while the sound
is playing.
I have all channels unmuted and the hardware mute switch is not on.

Anyone with a X61s or a T61, which has the same card has a fix for

this?

Thanks

note: lspci lists this card as:
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)

Jack Malmostoso 11-22-2007 04:06 PM

sound in Thinkpad X61s

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 17:10:13 +0100, Ricardo Teixeira wrote:

> Anyone with a X61s or a T61, which has the same card has a fix for this?

Check out the thinkwiki wiki, it should have what you look for IIRC.

http://www.thinkwiki.org/

--
Best Regards, Jack
Linux User #264449

Damjan Vrencur 11-22-2007 04:20 PM

sound in Thinkpad X61s

Hi!

I managed to get sound working on my T61p following this advice:
http://www.klabs.be/~fpiat/linux/debian/Lenny_on_Thinkpad_T61/#Sound
However, the mic is dead and the sound is not of quality I would expect (For
instance my previous laptop 5 year old Compaq presario 2800 had better
sound).

Damjan Vrenčur <~> http://lmmri.fri.uni-lj.si/damjan/ <~> GPG key: C6A3146F