Old 12-06-2008, 10:39 AM
Frank Lin PIAT

Default Linux server with many virtual terminals

Hello,

This mail is off-topic on this mailing list. The debian-user list is
appropriate.

On Sat, 2008-12-06 at 03:05 -0800, Areba Collins wrote:
> I intend to set up a cyber cafe and to maximize on my investment (and
> assure myself a good resale value for my computers) , i seek to use
> brand new, high speed machines with plenty of RAM (about 3G) hoping i
> can use these to power virtual terminals (about 6 virtual users per
> machine.) so that clients only have a monitor and keyboard and
> mouse.
>
> hopefully, will run on debian or ubuntu.

Ubunu are "friends", but still mentioning Ubuntu (or other debian
derivatives) is know to upset people.

> could anyone point me somewhere that i can get info on this project?

You probably "just" have to have 6 video outputs, then configure six
Xorg instances.

Franklin

Old 12-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Stefan Monnier

> could anyone point me somewhere that i can get info on this project?

I think you want to google for "multiseat".

Stefan