Old 12-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Hector Scaramelli

Default No sound on Sony UX380n

Hi people,

I,ve wiped Vista and installed SID, with Fluxbox and gdm. Also smplayer
and gmplayer.

The output of lsmod:
snd_hda_intel 324248 0
button 6096 0
snd_pcm 62596 1 snd_hda_intel
snd_seq 41456 0
snd_timer 17800 2 snd_pcm,snd_seq
snd_seq_device 6380 1 snd_seq
usbhid 35904 0
hid 33184 1 usbhid
snd 45604 5
snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm,snd_seq,snd_timer,snd_seq_de vice

The output of lspci:
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High
Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)

I've run alsaconf which shows the model (alsa utils is 1.0.16) of the
card and load the module but still no output, mplayer seems to be
running fine but I got no sound.

What am I missing? or doing wrong?

Thanks In Advance
Hector

Old 12-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Florian Kulzer

On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 12:40:24 -0200, Hector Scaramelli wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> I,ve wiped Vista and installed SID, with Fluxbox and gdm. Also smplayer
> and gmplayer.
> The output of lsmod:
> snd_hda_intel 324248 0
> button 6096 0
> snd_pcm 62596 1 snd_hda_intel
> snd_seq 41456 0
> snd_timer 17800 2 snd_pcm,snd_seq
> snd_seq_device 6380 1 snd_seq
> usbhid 35904 0
> hid 33184 1 usbhid
> snd 45604 5
> snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm,snd_seq,snd_timer,snd_seq_de vice
>
> The output of lspci:
> 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High
> Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)
>
> I've run alsaconf which shows the model (alsa utils is 1.0.16) of the
> card and load the module but still no output, mplayer seems to be
> running fine but I got no sound.
> What am I missing? or doing wrong?

Use the alsamixer utility to check the volume settings for your playback
channels (most important are usually "Master" and "PCM"). Watch out for
muted channels (symbol "MM" is displayed below the bar graph, use the M
key to unmute).

Alsamixer is part of package "alsa-utils".

Florian |

Old 12-08-2008, 05:19 AM
Mirek

Hector Scaramelli pisze:

[...]

Hi

I have different sound card, but also show as intel HDA. In my situation
help adding line to end of file /etc/modprobe-d/alsa-base:

options snd-hda-intel model=mobile enable=1 index=0

Old 12-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Hector Scaramelli

Hi Florian, Those bars were 100%. I installed the rest of the packages
that has to do with alsa, it added alsaplayer to the menu, I restarted
alsa and now it's working.

Thanks.
Hector