Old 11-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Robert Smith

Default Fw: problem with sleep modes etc.. on a ThinkPad600 with Etch

Assuming you don't have a partition set up for saving data through machine "Hibernation," I would guess that by "sleep" you mean suspend.

Have you tried issuing the command (as Root) "apm -s"? What does this do? If it puts the machine into suspense, then you must relink that command with the Fn-F4 key press.

I remember reading something about how this function might not work on 600s if the floppy disk drive's driver were not loaded. Could
this be your problem in a day and age where floppies are almost unheard of?

Rob Smith
"Linux, because software, like people, should be allowed to exist in an open, sharing community, and not kept contained by corporate greed!"