Old 10-19-2008, 12:36 AM
"Adrian Levi"

Default resume after hibernate doesn't work fine with kernel 2.6.26-1-amd64 2.6.26-8

2008/10/16 Gerard Robin <g.robin3@free.fr>:
> Hello,
> on my laptop acer aspire wlmi5102 I run sid with the kernels 2.6.22 or
> 2.6.26 (amd64)
> With the kernel 2.6.22 hibernate and resume work fine but with the
> kernel 2.6.26 hibernate works fine but resume works fine as far as
> xwindow resumes: when xwindow resumes my box freezes definitively.
>
> if I leave xwindow and I run s2disk in CLI I can resume properly.
>
> I wonder if there is a bug and in which package ... ?

Does s2ram work without a hitch?
Does s2ram -n identify your computer?

Adrian

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:54 AM
"Adrian Levi"

2008/10/19 Gerard Robin <g.robin3@free.fr>:
> s2ram gives the same result that s2disk:
> it works fine in CLI.
> with xwindow, I saw quickly: error x server .... and when I resume my box
> freezes.
>
> s2ram -n works fine:
>
> Machine matched entry 17:
> sys_vendor = 'Acer *'
> sys_product = 'Aspire 5100 *'
> sys_version = '
> bios_version = '
> Fixes: 0x3 S3_BIOS S3_MODE This machine can be identified by:
> sys_vendor = "Acer "
> sys_product = "Aspire 5100 "
> sys_version = "V2.60"
> bios_version = "V2.60"

The only thing I can think to do is get on the suse suspend mailing
list and see if someone can help you there.

Adrian