-   -   INTERNET USING GPRS MOBILE (AIRTEL) (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-laptop/174386-internet-using-gprs-mobile-airtel.html)

"Krishna Chandra Prajapati" 10-11-2008 05:01 AM

INTERNET USING GPRS MOBILE (AIRTEL)

Hi All,
*
I want to connect internet using gprs mobile in debian. Is there anybody who has done successfully.
Please let me know.
--
Krishna Chandra Prajapati
MySQL DBA,

Mob: 9912924044
Email-id: prajapatikc@gmail.com

"Satish Eerpini" 10-11-2008 08:34 AM

INTERNET USING GPRS MOBILE (AIRTEL)

use , wvdial ..... i think it should not be a problem ... or use kppp
,....... if in windows u have no username and password then while
using kppp or wvdial specify the username as A and password as B .

Hope it helps ,

Thanks
Satish

http://satish.playdrupal.com

speedyx 10-11-2008 07:29 PM

INTERNET USING GPRS MOBILE (AIRTEL)

> On 10/11/08, Krishna Chandra Prajapati <prajapatikc@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I want to connect internet using gprs mobile in debian. Is there anybody
> > who has done successfully.
> > Please let me know.

I use a bluetooth dial-up connection to a 3G internet provided by orange with
kde since march 2007.
What system do you use?

--
The free information technologies are possible!
I use sidux, that is Debian Sid GNU KDE on my laptop!

"Are you a Debian user that want super cow powers?
apt-get moo
Enough said" - Paul Hudson

"Ambrose Andrews" 10-12-2008 03:56 AM

2008/10/11 Krishna Chandra Prajapati <prajapatikc@gmail.com>:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to connect internet using gprs mobile in debian. Is there anybody who
> has done successfully.
> Please let me know.

Personally, I have a 3g/gprs modem, but
the following may be helpful to you:

http://wiki.clug.org.za/wiki/GPRS_Internet_over_Bluetooth

http://wiki.clug.org.za/wiki/GPRS#Cell_Phone

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BluetoothDialup

http://www.taniwha.org.uk/gprs.html

-AA.

> --
> Krishna Chandra Prajapati
> MySQL DBA,
> Ed Ventures e-Learning Pvt.Ltd.
> 1-8-303/48/15, Sindhi Colony
> P.G.Road, Secunderabad.
> Pin Code: 500003
> Office Number: 040-66489771
> Mob: 9912924044
> Email-id: prajapatikc@gmail.com

--
Ambrose Andrews
LPO box 8274 ANU Acton ACT 0200 Australia

speedyx 10-12-2008 06:30 PM

INTERNET USING GPRS MOBILE (AIRTEL)

http://www.mepis.org/docs/en/index.php/Adjust_the_bluetooth_dialup_connection

This is my experience tested on Mepis (ubuntu based) and Kubuntu.
The same on Mepis (etch based) and Sidux (sid based)

"Krishna Chandra Prajapati" 10-13-2008 04:57 AM

INTERNET USING GPRS MOBILE (AIRTEL)

Hi .

I will gave a try and let you know whether its working. Thanks a lot

"Dhiemaz Mitnick Jr." 10-14-2008 07:22 AM

INTERNET USING GPRS MOBILE (AIRTEL)

Usually, when you install Debian, the bluetooth device has already detected..
Assumption your bluetooth device already detected, and you can try this :
1. turn on the bluetooth device both your laptop / computer and the
handheld device (etc. Handphone).
2. Pair first before you can connect to the handheld device, usually
when the bluetooth device activated, the icon will be show up, click
in the icon then follow the instruction for pairing.
3. After the Device has been paired, go to terminal and type the command :
- hcitool scan
( it will search for the name and MAC device )
- sdptool search DUN
(it will search wether the device has Dial Up Network Protocol )
- sudo rfcomm bind 0 <the MAC address of the handheld> < rf channel >
when the sdptool done, it will inform you with the configuration
of the device and the channel of the Dial Up networking. before you
execute the command rfcomm bind, first you must add the the MAC
handheld device in the configuration.
- sudo gedit /dev/rfcomm.conf ( it's depend on your system, but
it's success with me) follow the instruction, add the empty with the
MAC of the handheld and channel that it use.
- sudo gedit /etc/wvdial.conf
( fill the address in wvdial conf ( it a dial-up program i use
), with the configuration of your network operator for dial-up
networking ( you can ask to the operator of your phone).
- and last, you can type wvdial