Old 10-09-2008, 01:40 PM
"Alexandr Kosarev"

Default debin installation problem

Hello.

I try to install debian to my notebook Amilo L
After boot(kernel load) from CD, cooler stop work and laptop turnoff power, because CPU get big temperature. As result I can not install debian - installation take little more time than CPU needed to get big temperature.

Before time I tried to install Ubuntu and have same problem.

How I can keep running my cooler?
Please advice.
Regards,
Alexandr.
--
----------
KAlexandr.com - Quality Software for Your Web

Old 10-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Baz

I try to install debian to my notebook Amilo L
After boot(kernel load) from CD, cooler stop work and laptop turnoff power, because CPU get big temperature. As result I can not install debian - installation take little more time than CPU needed to get big temperature.

Before time I tried to install Ubuntu and have same problem.

How I can keep running my cooler?
Please advice.
Regards,
Alexandr.
--
----------
KAlexandr.com - Quality Software for Your Web

*
*
A few degrees*change in ambient temperature is significant.* Here in San Francisisco, the normal range is 55F to 65F.* My Thinkpad normally runs at 100F to 115F.* When we have warm days; for example, in*the 75F to 85F range; CPU temp hovers in the 125F to 135F range.**Move to a cooler area if possible; open some windows.* This might not solve your problem entirely, but it's a*start.

--
"...heart and soul....one will burn."
- Joy Division

Old 10-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Jovisa

Alexandr Kosarev wrote:

Hello.

I try to install debian to my notebook Amilo L
After boot(kernel load) from CD, cooler stop work and laptop turnoff
power, because CPU get big temperature. As result I can not install
debian - installation take little more time than CPU needed to get big
temperature.

Before time I tried to install Ubuntu and have same problem.

How I can keep running my cooler?
Please advice.

It could be your laptop needs GOOD cleaning. If you didn't overclock
CPU, then it should be running fine. Clean up your cooler from dust, or
take it to nearest harware repair service to do it for you.

Old 10-11-2008, 04:05 AM
Johan 'yosh' Marklund

Jovisa skrev:
> Alexandr Kosarev wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> I try to install debian to my notebook Amilo L
>> After boot(kernel load) from CD, cooler stop work and laptop turnoff
>> power, because CPU get big temperature. As result I can not install
>> debian - installation take little more time than CPU needed to get
>> big temperature.
>>
>> Before time I tried to install Ubuntu and have same problem.
>>
>> How I can keep running my cooler?
>> Please advice.
>>
> It could be your laptop needs GOOD cleaning. If you didn't overclock
> CPU, then it should be running fine. Clean up your cooler from dust,
> or take it to nearest harware repair service to do it for you.

Could be that, but it sounds like the cpu fan was working until the
kernel loaded (or with some other propriety OS ;( )
Anyone else that has had any similar problems with the Amilo L series
laptop?

/yosh