Old 09-30-2008, 08:56 AM
"Rob Gom"

Default Power management policy switching tool

Hi all,
I have a laptop. Usually I would like to suspend to ram after closing
lid. I would also like to have specific timeout for switching off the
display.
But sometimes I would like to listen to mp3 (on headphones) after
closing lid. Or I would like to extend display timeout, when I know I
would use the laptop.
For me it looks like power management policy. Is there a (possibly
GUI) tool to change it? Currently I use laptop-mode, which is
inconvenient to change. Is manual editing acpi events files the only
solution?

Best regards,
Robert