Old 08-31-2008, 01:38 AM
Celejar

Default Toshiba Satellite L305D internal Atheros 5000_PCI wireless help

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 17:38:09 -0400
Harry Wert <harry.wert@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can Anyone out there provide any guidance or references concerning
> getting the internal wireless (ATH5000_PCI) working with my Toshiba
> L305D? I have been goggling with no successful hits to-date. Otherwise
> I have everything else working. I have been able to get a Linksys usb
> network adapter to run (WUSB54G ver 4) but I would prefer to use the
> built-in.

The first step is the relevant lspci output.

Celejar

Old 08-31-2008, 03:21 PM
Harry Wert

Celejar wrote:

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 17:38:09 -0400
Harry Wert <harry.wert@gmail.com> wrote:

Can Anyone out there provide any guidance or references concerning
getting the internal wireless (ATH5000_PCI) working with my Toshiba
L305D? I have been goggling with no successful hits to-date. Otherwise
I have everything else working. I have been able to get a Linksys usb
network adapter to run (WUSB54G ver 4) but I would prefer to use the
built-in.

The first step is the relevant lspci output.

Celejar

Looks as if I gave some bad information as the kernel is reporting the
internal wireless pc card is:

ath5k_pci 0000:05:00.0: registered as 'phy0'

ath5k phy0: failed to resume the MAC Chip

ACPI: PCI interrupt for device 0000:05:00.0 disabled

ath5k_pci: probe of 0000:05:00.0 failed with error -5

phy1: Selected rate control algorithm 'pid'

ath_hal: module license 'Proprietary' taints kernel.

ath_hal: 0.9.18.0 (AR5210, AR5211, AR5212, RF5111, RF5112, RF2413, RF5413)

I'll continue to investigate since MadWifi loaded a number of Atheros
drivers which apparently do not work with my internal wireless card.

Also, I'll probably put this in the "Too Hard" pile since I am a
Physicist and not a Computer Science major!

lspci did not show it as being loaded.

Thanks for your advice.

Harry

Old 08-31-2008, 07:03 PM
Celejar

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 11:21:04 -0400
Harry Wert <harry.wert@gmail.com> wrote:

> Celejar wrote:
> > On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 17:38:09 -0400
> > Harry Wert <harry.wert@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Can Anyone out there provide any guidance or references concerning
> >> getting the internal wireless (ATH5000_PCI) working with my Toshiba
> >> L305D? I have been goggling with no successful hits to-date. Otherwise
> >> I have everything else working. I have been able to get a Linksys usb
> >> network adapter to run (WUSB54G ver 4) but I would prefer to use the
> >> built-in.
> >
> > The first step is the relevant lspci output.
> >
> > Celejar
>
> Looks as if I gave some bad information as the kernel is reporting the
> internal wireless pc card is:
>
> ath5k_pci 0000:05:00.0: registered as 'phy0'
>
> ath5k phy0: failed to resume the MAC Chip
>
> ACPI: PCI interrupt for device 0000:05:00.0 disabled
>
> ath5k_pci: probe of 0000:05:00.0 failed with error -5
>
> phy1: Selected rate control algorithm 'pid'
>
> ath_hal: module license 'Proprietary' taints kernel.
>
> ath_hal: 0.9.18.0 (AR5210, AR5211, AR5212, RF5111, RF5112, RF2413, RF5413)
>

> I'll continue to investigate since MadWifi loaded a number of Atheros
> drivers which apparently do not work with my internal wireless card.
>
> Also, I'll probably put this in the "Too Hard" pile since I am a
> Physicist and not a Computer Science major!
>
> lspci did not show it as being loaded.
>
> Thanks for your advice.

A) Your kernel messages seem to indicate a mixture of Madwifi and
ath5k. Choose one or the other.

B) You are reporting kernel messages, not lspci output.

Celejar