Old 08-30-2008, 09:18 PM
"Dotan Cohen"

Default Hard Drive temp?

My Dell Inspiron E1505 / 6400 gets very, very hot in the hard drive-
so hot that the keyboard above is uncomfortable to type on. I've gone
through /proc/acpi but I cannot find the hard drive temp. Where should
it be? It is possible that there is no hard drive temp sensor in a
Dell laptop? The drive is a 7200RPM 80GB Seagate unit. Thanks in
advance.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü

Old 08-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Paolo

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 12:18:55AM +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> through /proc/acpi but I cannot find the hard drive temp. Where should
> it be? It is possible that there is no hard drive temp sensor in a

be SMART - check pkg smartmontools

--
paolo

Old 08-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Frank Strzer

Hi,

Am Samstag, 30. August 2008 23:18:55 schrieb Dotan Cohen:
> My Dell Inspiron E1505 / 6400 gets very, very hot in the hard drive-
> so hot that the keyboard above is uncomfortable to type on. I've gone
> through /proc/acpi but I cannot find the hard drive temp. Where
> should it be? It is possible that there is no hard drive temp sensor
> in a Dell laptop? The drive is a 7200RPM 80GB Seagate unit. Thanks in
> advance.

Have a look on the tools hddtemp or smartmontools. Both could read the
temperatur sensor, if S.M.A.R.T. gives access to it. The second tool
could read all S.M.A.R.T. values.

Greetings

Frank