Old 08-24-2008, 08:18 PM
"Diego A."

Default Video problem with Debian etch-n-half

Hi,

I've just installed Debian 4.0r4 on my Compaq F505 Laptop, every thing
was fine till gdm started then the screen start doing strange lines
and the system stop responding. Have anyone experienced this problem?
Any ideas on how to solve this problem are welcome.

Regards,
Diego A. Fons.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:11 PM
"Diego A."

Sorry for the lack of information...

I´ll try that param.

I've installed debian without params. Tha video card is a nVidia
GeForce Go 6100 and i don't know if the console mode works fine
because the system freezes.

I also read on some forums that the param 'noacpi' has to used while
installing (noacpi is the same as acpi=off?).

Regards,
diego A. Fons.

Old 09-06-2008, 06:29 PM
"Diego A."

Hi,

I could solve the problem, i've installed the nVidia drivers and the
video is working fine. I also made the wireless card work (broadcom 43
somrthing) installing the b43-fwcutter from a contrib pool, i could'n
find it in the main pool.

That's ok, but now im having a strange problem, in single user mode
(without video) every thing goes fine, but in normal mode with
desktop, after 10, 15 minutes the laptop freezes, NOTHING van be done
exept powering it down and up again.

Has anyone have this problem? Any ideas? The kernel is booting with
default parameters.

Regards,
Diego A. Fons.

Old 09-13-2008, 06:01 PM
"Diego A."

OK,

I tried the vga=771 parameter but nothing, it was the same.
Now i've switch to Debian Lenny and i did a minimal instalation with
video but it starts in run level 3 and the problem continues, so it's
not a video problem!
I've installed the b43 module and downloaded and cut the firmware,
i've not tried uninstalling the module, but could it be the reason of
the problem? could this module/firmware be the problem?

Regards,
Diego A. Fons.