Old 08-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Jerry Wang

Default battery status not show in fvwm-crystal in lenny

I reinstalled debian lenny on my dell vostro 1400-n recently and I
didn't select "laptop" base system initially, after I configured X and
installed fvwm-crystal, I found I can see cpu temporature and cpu freq
in default with acpi receipe, however, battery status didn't show at
all, I think I forgot to install some packages because it worked
before I reinstalled it. anybody has the idea of the package name?

Thanks a lot
Jerry

Old 08-02-2008, 05:55 AM
Jerry Wang

Fixed by enable CONFIG_ACPI_PROCFS_POWER and recompile the kernel,
thanks a lot

Old 08-05-2008, 06:51 AM
"sizo nsibande"

What about the physical status of the battery as it has five bars on
it, when you press this it should tell you how much if any power is
left on the battery. Maybe your battery has gone to a better place,
and in which case you should call dell and if it is within a year they
will replace your battery.

2008/8/2 Jerry Wang <WangJianjun@gmail.com>:
> Fixed by enable CONFIG_ACPI_PROCFS_POWER and recompile the kernel,
> thanks a lot
>
> Jerry Wang wrote:
>> I reinstalled debian lenny on my dell vostro 1400-n recently and I
>> didn't select "laptop" base system initially, after I configured X and
>> installed fvwm-crystal, I found I can see cpu temporature and cpu freq
>> in default with acpi receipe, however, battery status didn't show at
>> all, I think I forgot to install some packages because it worked
>> before I reinstalled it. anybody has the idea of the package name?
>>
>> Thanks a lot
>> Jerry
>>

>> --

A church is a hospital for sinners, not a museum for saints.
Abigail Van Buren