-   -   Hibernate: mouse is lost (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-laptop/126917-hibernate-mouse-lost.html)

Carl Fink 07-18-2008 02:54 AM

Hibernate: mouse is lost

On my HP DV6100 running Testing with GNOME as the graphical environment, if
I hibernate, either manually from the command line or using the menu, when I
wake the system the mouse is not recognized, even if unplugged and
replugged. Even if I unplug the mouse before hibernating, it is not
recognized when plugged in after waking.

Problem with USB detection? I haven't tried any other peripherals.

Any suggestions?
--
Carl Fink nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Stupid mistakes you can correct!

Gireesh 07-18-2008 06:51 AM

Hibernate: mouse is lost

Hi Carl,
I used to have a similar problem with my Compaq 3425. The configuration is quite similar to DV6700. Try running "lsusb" command after resuming from hibernate. I say "I used to" because I use lenny and a month or so back this issue vanished after dist-upgrade.

On my HP DV6100 running Testing with GNOME as the graphical environment, if

I hibernate, either manually from the command line or using the menu, when I

wake the system the mouse is not recognized, even if unplugged and

replugged. *Even if I unplug the mouse before hibernating, it is not

recognized when plugged in after waking.

Problem with USB detection? *I haven't tried any other peripherals.

Any suggestions?

--

Carl Fink * * * * * * * * * * * * * nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com. *Reviews! *Observations!

Stupid mistakes you can correct!

Gireesh

Celejar 07-20-2008 03:55 AM

Hibernate: mouse is lost

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 22:54:35 -0400
Carl Fink <carlf@panix.com> wrote:

> On my HP DV6100 running Testing with GNOME as the graphical environment, if
> I hibernate, either manually from the command line or using the menu, when I
> wake the system the mouse is not recognized, even if unplugged and
> replugged. Even if I unplug the mouse before hibernating, it is not
> recognized when plugged in after waking.
>
> Problem with USB detection? I haven't tried any other peripherals.

I doubt this will be of much help, but for the record, I frequently
plug a USB keyboard into my laptop after resuming from hibernation
(suspend to disk) and it "just works". Sid, Xfce.

I have just plugged a USB mouse in (after resuming as above) and it
also "just works". I'm sorry I'm not enough of an expert to offer any
constructive suggestions.

> Carl Fink nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Celejar