-   -   X not starting from time to time (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-laptop/115526-x-not-starting-time-time.html)

Frank Zimmermann 06-29-2008 12:32 PM

X not starting from time to time

Hi guys,
I'm having a problem with my X server at boot. I often have to reboot
once or twice since X is not starting properly and the screen goes dark.
I've posted the diff output of the log files here:
http://freenet-homepage.de/fzimbi/stuff/xorg.log.diff

To me it looks as if x startup stops after:
(II) fglrx(0): Connected Display1: LCD on internal LVDS [lvds]
(II) fglrx(0): Display1: No EDID information from DDC.
(II) fglrx(0): Display1: Failed to get EDID information.
(WW) fglrx(0): Only one display is connnected,so single mode is enabled

I'm running sid on an Asus M6N with latest kernel selfcompiled kernel
based on 2.6.25-g sources, proprietary fglrx 8.50.3 and xorg-server
2:1.4.2-1

Any ideas what might be going wrong?

Thanks Frank
--
Frank Zimmermann |
Junker-Jörg-Str. 2 | mail: zimbi_in_berlin@web.de

Paolo 06-29-2008 01:09 PM

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 02:32:52PM +0200, Frank Zimmermann wrote:
> I'm running sid on an Asus M6N with latest kernel selfcompiled kernel
> based on 2.6.25-g sources, proprietary fglrx 8.50.3 and xorg-server

try Xorg's ATI or VESA drivers, if they work reliably, bugger is that
fglrx -> then bug ATI for that.

HTH
--
paolo