Old 12-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Preston Boyington

Default 3Com 3CCM156

i am trying to find some information to help me get this 3Com 3CCM156
56K card working on my Toshiba A105-S2101 laptop.

when i plug in the card dmesg tells me:
pccard: PCMCIA card inserted into slot 0
cs: warning: no high memory space available!

doing "sudo setserial -v /dev/ttyS0 autoconfig"
gives me:
/dev/ttyS0, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x03f8, IRQ: 3

with dmesg returning:
ttys0: LSR safety check engaged!

also wvdialconf reports:
"no modem detected" and asks if it was configured properly with
setserial (which apparently it is not).

i would appreciate any help with this problem. i run Debian "Testing"
with the 2.6.22-2-686 kernel. thanks.

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Old 12-04-2007, 01:29 PM
Celejar

On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 12:55:02 -0600
Preston Boyington <preston.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> i am trying to find some information to help me get this 3Com 3CCM156
> 56K card working on my Toshiba A105-S2101 laptop.

I don't know if I can help you, but I use a secondhand 3Com 3CXM556 on
my Acer Laptop; it's a 16 bit hardware modem (with 'XJACK connector',
whatever that is) possibly similar to yours. [It calls itself a
'cellular modem', but I use it for dialup over POTS.]

It "just worked" with wvdial after I made sure to build serial support
(and 'serial_cs' for 16 bit PCMCIA support) into my custom kernels (I
think everything is properly enabled in the Debian stock ones).

Celejar