Old 06-08-2008, 10:12 AM
erisir

Default touchpad

hi, i have a sony VGN-B1XP and debian lenny on it. I can use the scroll
of the touchpad. Can sb help me configure it? I have tried some wikies
on the web but they do not work.

Thanks for your help
E.R.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:15 PM
Celejar

On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 12:12:51 +0200
erisir <erisir@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi, i have a sony VGN-B1XP and debian lenny on it. I can use the scroll
> of the touchpad. Can sb help me configure it? I have tried some wikies
> on the web but they do not work.

You need to tell us exactly what you tried, what you're trying to do
and what doesn't work.

> Thanks for your help
> E.R.

Celejar

Old 01-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Shaun Marolf

What I want is simple, getting it to happen -- not so much. I want to
get my laptop to use a hot-plug event to turn off the touchpad when it
sees my mouse plugged in. I have added the hot plug rules but they were
written for Gnome not Xfce4.

Here are the rules:

/etc/udev/61-touchpad.rules

# 61-touchpad.rules
#
# this rules file must be named 61* or later because it won't work
# unless it runs after '/lib/udev/rules.d/60-persistent-input.rules'
#
# NOTE: will only affect DISPLAY :0
#
# run:
# udevadm test --action=add
/sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/input/input6/mouse1

# or similar to test the following rules
#

# disable PS/2 touchpad on DISPLAY :0 if a mouse is added to the system
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="input", ENV{ID_INPUT_MOUSE}=="1",
RUN+="/bin/sh -c 'DISPLAY=:0 /usr/bin/xinput --set-prop PS/2 Generic
Mouse Device Enabled 0'"

# enable PS/2 touchpad on DISPLAY :0 if a mouse is removed from the system
ACTION=="remove", SUBSYSTEM=="input", ENV{ID_INPUT_MOUSE}=="1",
RUN+="/bin/sh -c 'DISPLAY=:0 /usr/bin/xinput --set-prop PS/2 Generic
Mouse Device Enabled 1'"

/etc/pm/sleep.d/99touchpad (also located at /etc/pm/power.d)

#!/bin/sh
#
# disable touchpad if more than one mouse is available
#

{
/bin/sh -c 'DISPLAY=:0 /usr/bin/xinput --set-prop PS/2 Generic
Mouse Device Enabled 0'

}

case "$1" in
thaw|resume)
if [ `ls -d /sys/class/input/mouse* | wc -l` -gt 1 ]; then
disable_touchpad
fi
;;
*) exit $NA
;;
esac

The following was supposed to be added to gdm config but Xubuntu uses
another Desktop Manager and that is probably the issue:

# disable touchpad if more than one mouse is available
if [ `ls -d /sys/class/input/mouse* | wc -l` -gt 1 ]; then
/usr/bin/xinput --set-prop PS/2 Generic Mouse Device Enabled 0
fi

I would really like to get this to work so any hep would be greatly
appreciated.

--
It isn't about it being free. Rather, its about the freedom it brings.