Old 06-05-2008, 08:01 PM
"Diego Lucena"

Default Intel Graphics X3100

Hi, everyone.

I have just installed Debian etch on a HP-Compaq C737BR laptop.
Everything is working fine, except that Debian has not recognized my
video driver (Intel Graphics X3100). Because of this, I'm using a
1024*768 video resolution, but my monitor is widescreen and the image
is not really good... Does anyone know how can I solve this problem?
I'll attach my xorg.conf file.

On the "Device" section, I've tried to change the driver parameter to
"intel" and then to "i810", but the X server did not even started.

Hope you guys have some light to show me.

---

# /etc/X11/xorg.conf (xorg X Window System server configuration file)
#
# This file was generated by dexconf, the Debian X Configuration tool, using
# values from the debconf database.
#
# Edit this file with caution, and see the /etc/X11/xorg.conf manual page.
# (Type "man /etc/X11/xorg.conf" at the shell prompt.)
#
# This file is automatically updated on xserver-xorg package upgrades *only*
# if it has not been modified since the last upgrade of the xserver-xorg
# package.
#
# If you have edited this file but would like it to be automatically updated
# again, run the following command:
# sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

Section "Module"
Load "bitmap"
Load "ddc"
Load "dri"
Load "extmod"
Load "freetype"
Load "glx"
Load "int10"
Load "vbe"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Generic Keyboard"
Driver "kbd"
Option "CoreKeyboard"
Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
Option "XkbModel" "abnt2"
Option "XkbLayout" "br"
Option "XkbVariant" "abnt2"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Configured Mouse"
Driver "mouse"
Option "CorePointer"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Option "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Synaptics Touchpad"
Driver "synaptics"
Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "Protocol" "auto-dev"
Option "HorizScrollDelta" "0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "Placa de Vídeo Genérica"
Driver "vesa"
BusID "PCI:0:2:0"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Monitor Genérico"
Option "DPMS"
HorizSync 28-50
VertRefresh 43-60
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Default Screen"
Device "Placa de Vídeo Genérica"
Monitor "Monitor Genérico"
DefaultDepth 24
SubSection "Display"
Depth 1
Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
EndSubSection
SubSection "Display"
Depth 4
Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
EndSubSection
SubSection "Display"
Depth 8
Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
EndSubSection
SubSection "Display"
Depth 15
Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
EndSubSection
SubSection "Display"
Depth 16
Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
EndSubSection
SubSection "Display"
Depth 24
Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "Default Layout"
Screen "Default Screen"
InputDevice "Generic Keyboard"
InputDevice "Configured Mouse"
InputDevice "Synaptics Touchpad"
EndSection

Section "DRI"
Mode 0666
EndSection

--
Diego Lucena
Linux User: #473431

Old 06-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Jack Malmostoso

On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 22:10:07 +0200, Diego Lucena wrote:

> Does anyone know how can I solve this problem?

If you want to stick with etch, install the 915resolution package and
follow the debian.readme. If you can/want to switch to testing, use the
xorg-video-intel driver.

--
Best Regards, Jack
Linux User #264449