Old 11-28-2007, 01:02 PM
maximilian attems

Default 2.6.23 sid upload

announcing upload of linux-image 2.6.23 to sid on friday
it is already on 2.6.23.9.
please holler if you have outstanding issues.

remaining issues:
- tg3, bnx2 firmware_request()

the second one is particular bad as bnx2 is completly disabled,
i'm pondering to revert it's removal for now until a patch
with request_firmware is written.
upstream should hopefully understand some time that updating
the firmware without having to recompile/reboot your kernel
is a feature, that is quite standard nowadays.

--
maks

Old 11-28-2007, 03:03 PM
Bastian Blank

On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 03:02:56PM +0100, maximilian attems wrote:
> i'm pondering to revert it's removal for now until a patch
> with request_firmware is written.

NACK. You did not provide anything productive for the last discussions
about this so please stop that.

> upstream should hopefully understand some time that updating
> the firmware without having to recompile/reboot your kernel
> is a feature, that is quite standard nowadays.

Well, you should've read the responses from upstream about that.
"The firmware needs to match the driver and changes often, bla, bla,
bla...". Well, I found less changes than the iwl firmwares.

Bastian

--
I'm a soldier, not a diplomat. I can only tell the truth.
-- Kirk, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3198.9

Old 11-29-2007, 09:52 AM
maximilian attems

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, maximilian attems wrote:

> announcing upload of linux-image 2.6.23 to sid on friday
> it is already on 2.6.23.9.
> please holler if you have outstanding issues.

hmm ominous sparc dpkg fix, got a box ready to test it,
will do sparc test build with it now.
that is blocker, but should be done in time.

--
maks

Old 11-29-2007, 10:19 AM
Bastian Blank

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 11:52:24AM +0100, maximilian attems wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, maximilian attems wrote:
> > announcing upload of linux-image 2.6.23 to sid on friday
> > it is already on 2.6.23.9.
> > please holler if you have outstanding issues.
> hmm ominous sparc dpkg fix, got a box ready to test it,
> will do sparc test build with it now.
> that is blocker, but should be done in time.

Which sparc fix?

Bastian

Old 11-29-2007, 02:11 PM
maximilian attems

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007, Bastian Blank wrote:

> Which sparc fix?

the prominent sparc futex fix, but it landed it 23.2 stable.

--
maks