Old 09-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Philipp Kern

Default Squeeze point release (6.0.6)

Hi,

I'd like to arrange a point release to be done as soon as feasible.
So I'd like to propose a bunch of weekends here:

* Sep 22/23: I'm personally busy on the 23th
* Sep 29/30: ok from RT side
* Oct 6/7: Adam's busy for the weekend, hence we'd like to avoid that
if possible
* Oct 13/14: BSP attended by adsb/Sledge, not ideal to schedule it
there

So dear FTP masters, CD team, Press team: Would one out of Sep 22/29/30
work out for all of you?

Dear Kernel team: Which changes are still pending for 6.0.6? When could
we get them into the archive? For 22nd we'd close p-u-NEW on the 15th,
which would leave us with a week.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern

Old 09-14-2012, 12:22 PM
Steve McIntyre

On Fri, Sep 07, 2012 at 09:43:03PM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'd like to arrange a point release to be done as soon as feasible.
>So I'd like to propose a bunch of weekends here:
>
>* Sep 22/23: I'm personally busy on the 23th

Available that weekend fine.

>* Sep 29/30: ok from RT side

Available that weekend fine.

>* Oct 6/7: Adam's busy for the weekend, hence we'd like to avoid that
> if possible

Ditto, I'm guessing the same event :-)

>* Oct 13/14: BSP attended by adsb/Sledge, not ideal to schedule it
> there

Worked OK at the last BSP we did, tbh...

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK. steve@einval.com
"C++ ate my sanity" -- Jon Rabone

Old 09-15-2012, 10:51 AM
"Adam D. Barratt"

On Fri, 2012-09-07 at 21:43 +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> I'd like to arrange a point release to be done as soon as feasible.
> So I'd like to propose a bunch of weekends here:
>
> * Sep 22/23: I'm personally busy on the 23th
> * Sep 29/30: ok from RT side

This is looking like the favourite so far, which would mean having p-u
ready and closed next weekend.

> * Oct 6/7: Adam's busy for the weekend, hence we'd like to avoid that
> if possible
> * Oct 13/14: BSP attended by adsb/Sledge, not ideal to schedule it
> there
[...]
> Dear Kernel team: Which changes are still pending for 6.0.6? When could
> we get them into the archive? For 22nd we'd close p-u-NEW on the 15th,
> which would leave us with a week.

-kernel / -live ping?

Regards,

Adam

Old 09-17-2012, 01:58 PM
Philipp Kern

Hi,

ok, given the replies, let's settle on this:

On Fri, Sep 07, 2012 at 09:43:03PM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> * Sep 29/30: ok from RT side

We still need a press officer for somewhen in the evening to send out the
announcement, feedback from -live and a note from -kernel if there's still a
change staged for the next point release.

p-u-NEW will close on the weekend of Sep 22nd/23rd (barring any breakage
induced by the ftp-master meeting ;-).

Kind regards
Philipp Kern

Old 09-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Philipp Kern

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 03:58:13PM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> ok, given the replies, let's settle on this:
> On Fri, Sep 07, 2012 at 09:43:03PM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> > * Sep 29/30: ok from RT side
> We still need a press officer for somewhen in the evening to send out the
> announcement, feedback from -live and a note from -kernel if there's still a
> change staged for the next point release.

That should be read as "let's settle for Sep 29".

Kind regards
Philipp Kern

Old 09-18-2012, 08:13 AM
Neil McGovern

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 03:59:09PM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 03:58:13PM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> > ok, given the replies, let's settle on this:
> > On Fri, Sep 07, 2012 at 09:43:03PM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> > > * Sep 29/30: ok from RT side
> > We still need a press officer for somewhen in the evening to send out the
> > announcement, feedback from -live and a note from -kernel if there's still a
> > change staged for the next point release.
>
> That should be read as "let's settle for Sep 29".

I'm around with a press hat if needed.

Neil

Old 09-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Francesca Ciceri

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 09:13:53AM +0100, Neil McGovern wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 03:58:13PM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> >
> > That should be read as "let's settle for Sep 29".
> >

> I'm around with a press hat if needed.

Me too.

Cheers,
Francesca

--
"You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear
that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful

Old 09-18-2012, 05:30 PM
dann frazier

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 03:58:13PM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ok, given the replies, let's settle on this:
>
> On Fri, Sep 07, 2012 at 09:43:03PM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> > * Sep 29/30: ok from RT side
>
> We still need a press officer for somewhen in the evening to send out the
> announcement, feedback from -live and a note from -kernel if there's still a
> change staged for the next point release.
>
> p-u-NEW will close on the weekend of Sep 22nd/23rd (barring any breakage
> induced by the ftp-master meeting ;-).

Sorry, been travelling heavily for the past several days. We do have
some changes queued, and I should be able to get a kernel uploaded by
this weekend, but probably not sooner since I expect work to keep me
pretty busy throught the work week.

Old 09-23-2012, 04:39 PM
"Adam D. Barratt"

On Tue, 2012-09-18 at 11:30 -0600, dann frazier wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 03:58:13PM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> > ok, given the replies, let's settle on this:
> >
> > On Fri, Sep 07, 2012 at 09:43:03PM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> > > * Sep 29/30: ok from RT side
[...]
> Sorry, been travelling heavily for the past several days. We do have
> some changes queued, and I should be able to get a kernel uploaded by
> this weekend, but probably not sooner since I expect work to keep me
> pretty busy throught the work week.

Thanks for the upload; the builds seem to be going well. There don't
seem to be any new d-i changes in git, so I assume we "just" need lkdi,
a round of d-i binNMUs and then a d-i-n-i upload?

Regards,

Adam

Old 09-24-2012, 12:01 AM
dann frazier

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 05:39:21PM +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-09-18 at 11:30 -0600, dann frazier wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 03:58:13PM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> > > ok, given the replies, let's settle on this:

> [...]
> > Sorry, been travelling heavily for the past several days. We do have
> > some changes queued, and I should be able to get a kernel uploaded by
> > this weekend, but probably not sooner since I expect work to keep me
> > pretty busy throught the work week.
>
> Thanks for the upload; the builds seem to be going well. There don't
> seem to be any new d-i changes in git, so I assume we "just" need lkdi,
> a round of d-i binNMUs and then a d-i-n-i upload?

afaik, that's correct.