FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Kernel

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-01-2012, 11:04 AM
"Alexander V. Kudrevatykh"
 
Default Bug#609004: cgroup-bin: the kernel configuration file haven't changed yet

В Вск, 15/07/2012 в 22:34 -0400, Jon Bernard пишет:
> * Alexander V. Kudrevatykh <kudrevatykh@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Any news? Bug is still present in testing/sid.
>
> I've not heard anything. I think the right thing to do is file a bug against the
> kernel, or perhaps reassign this bug to the linux-image package. I'll look into
> that this week, if you don't get to it first.
>

Hello. As I can see bug still not assigned to kernel and not cgroup-bin
not work with kernel from testing/sid/experimental.
 
Old 09-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Ben Hutchings
 
Default Bug#609004: cgroup-bin: the kernel configuration file haven't changed yet

On Sat, 2012-09-01 at 15:04 +0400, Alexander V. Kudrevatykh wrote:
> В Вск, 15/07/2012 в 22:34 -0400, Jon Bernard пишет:
> > * Alexander V. Kudrevatykh <kudrevatykh@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Any news? Bug is still present in testing/sid.
> >
> > I've not heard anything. I think the right thing to do is file a bug against the
> > kernel, or perhaps reassign this bug to the linux-image package. I'll look into
> > that this week, if you don't get to it first.
> >
>
> Hello. As I can see bug still not assigned to kernel and not cgroup-bin
> not work with kernel from testing/sid/experimental.

This is now marked as blocked by #588200, which is assigned to
src:linux.

I think we can afford to make the config changes (CONFIG_CONNECTOR=y,
CONFIG_PROC_EVENTS=y) on all configurations as even the ARM platforms
with very small partitions for vmlinuz have more than 10K to spare.

However, making such a configuration change during the freeze would need
to be approved by the release team.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Theory and practice are closer in theory than in practice.
- John Levine, moderator of comp.compilers
 
Old 10-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Julien Cristau
 
Default Bug#609004: cgroup-bin: the kernel configuration file haven't changed yet

On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 22:26:53 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:

> On Sat, 2012-09-01 at 15:04 +0400, Alexander V. Kudrevatykh wrote:
> > В Вск, 15/07/2012 в 22:34 -0400, Jon Bernard пишет:
> > > * Alexander V. Kudrevatykh <kudrevatykh@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > Any news? Bug is still present in testing/sid.
> > >
> > > I've not heard anything. I think the right thing to do is file a bug against the
> > > kernel, or perhaps reassign this bug to the linux-image package. I'll look into
> > > that this week, if you don't get to it first.
> > >
> >
> > Hello. As I can see bug still not assigned to kernel and not cgroup-bin
> > not work with kernel from testing/sid/experimental.
>
> This is now marked as blocked by #588200, which is assigned to
> src:linux.
>
> I think we can afford to make the config changes (CONFIG_CONNECTOR=y,
> CONFIG_PROC_EVENTS=y) on all configurations as even the ARM platforms
> with very small partitions for vmlinuz have more than 10K to spare.
>
> However, making such a configuration change during the freeze would need
> to be approved by the release team.
>
I think this would be fine.

Cheers,
Julien
 
Old 10-12-2012, 03:28 AM
Ben Hutchings
 
Default Bug#609004: cgroup-bin: the kernel configuration file haven't changed yet

On Thu, 2012-10-11 at 00:03 +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 22:26:53 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 2012-09-01 at 15:04 +0400, Alexander V. Kudrevatykh wrote:
> > > В Вск, 15/07/2012 в 22:34 -0400, Jon Bernard пишет:
> > > > * Alexander V. Kudrevatykh <kudrevatykh@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > Any news? Bug is still present in testing/sid.
> > > >
> > > > I've not heard anything. I think the right thing to do is file a bug against the
> > > > kernel, or perhaps reassign this bug to the linux-image package. I'll look into
> > > > that this week, if you don't get to it first.
> > > >
> > >
> > > Hello. As I can see bug still not assigned to kernel and not cgroup-bin
> > > not work with kernel from testing/sid/experimental.
> >
> > This is now marked as blocked by #588200, which is assigned to
> > src:linux.
> >
> > I think we can afford to make the config changes (CONFIG_CONNECTOR=y,
> > CONFIG_PROC_EVENTS=y) on all configurations as even the ARM platforms
> > with very small partitions for vmlinuz have more than 10K to spare.
> >
> > However, making such a configuration change during the freeze would need
> > to be approved by the release team.
> >
> I think this would be fine.

Thanks. This change is now pending in svn.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in
your own home. - Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman, `Good Omens'
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:58 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org