Old 07-31-2012, 06:40 AM
Gary

Default Installed 3.2 kernel images - computer hangs/crashes on startup

I installed the 3.2 squeeze-backport kernel packages last night (see

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2012/07/msg02186.html and

original post

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2012/07/msg02121.html if you're
interested in the "why"). Everything seemed to go ok until I came to

reboot. After selecting one of the 3.2 kernel options in the grub

menu, the computer effectively froze, with lines all over the screen.

So badly I had to pull the plug How can I find out where the

problem is, please?