Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Debian Kernel (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kernel/)
-   -   Bug#677533: video: USB webcam fails since kernel 3.2 (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kernel/681245-bug-677533-video-usb-webcam-fails-since-kernel-3-2-a.html)

Martin-Éric Racine 07-08-2012 01:01 PM

Bug#677533: video: USB webcam fails since kernel 3.2
 
2012/6/17 Martin-Éric Racine <martin-eric.racine@iki.fi>:
> pe, 2012-06-15 kello 23:41 -0500, Jonathan Nieder kirjoitti:
>> Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
>> > usb 1-7: new high-speed USB device number 3 using ehci_hcd
>> [...]
>> > usb 1-7: New USB device found, idVendor=0ac8, idProduct=0321
>> > usb 1-7: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
>> > usb 1-7: Product: USB2.0 Web Camera
>> > usb 1-7: Manufacturer: Vimicro Corp.
>> [...]
>> > Linux media interface: v0.10
>> > Linux video capture interface: v2.00
>> > gspca_main: v2.14.0 registered
>> > gspca_main: vc032x-2.14.0 probing 0ac8:0321
>> > usbcore: registered new interface driver vc032x
>>
>> The device of interest is discovered.
>>
>> > gspca_main: ISOC data error: [36] len=0, status=-71
>> > gspca_main: ISOC data error: [65] len=0, status=-71
>> [...]
>> > gspca_main: ISOC data error: [48] len=0, status=-71
>> > video_source:sr[3246]: segfault at 0 ip (null) sp ab36de1c error 14 in cheese[8048000+21000]
>> > gspca_main: ISOC data error: [17] len=0, status=-71
>>
>> (The above data error spew starts around t=121 seconds and continues
>> at a rate of about 15 messages per second. The segfault is around
>> t=154.)
>
>> The vc032x code hasn't changed since 3.4.1, so please report your
>> symptoms to Jean-François Moine <moinejf@free.fr>, cc-ing
>> linux-media@vger.kernel.org, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, and either
>> me or this bug log so we can track it. Be sure to mention:
>>
>> - steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, and how the
>> difference indicates a bug (should be simple enough in this case)
>
> 1. Ensure that user 'myself' is a member of the 'video' group.
> 2. Launch the webcam application Cheese from the GNOME desktop.
>
> Expected result: Cheese displays whatever this laptop's camera sees.
>
> Actual result: Cheese crashes while attempting to access the camera.
>
>> - how reproducible the bug is (100%?)
>
> 100%
>
>> - which kernel versions you have tested and result with each (what is
>> the newest kernel version that worked?)
>
> It probably was 3.1.0 or some earlier 3.2 release (the upcoming Debian
> will release with 3.2.x; 3.4 was only used here for testing purposes),
> but I wouldn't know for sure since I don't use my webcam too often.

I finally found time to perform further testing, using kernel packages
from snapshots.debian.org, and the last one that positively worked (at
least using GNOME's webcam application Cheese) was:

linux-image-3.1.0-1-686-pae 3.1.8-2
Linux 3.1 for modern PCs

This loaded the following video modules:

gspca_vc032x
gspca_main
videodev
media

Tests using 3.2.1-1 or more recent crashed as described before. This
at least gives us a time frame for when the regression started.

Martin-Éric



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/CAPZXPQegp7RA5M0H9Ofq4rJ9aj-rEdg=Ly9_1c6vAKi3COw50g@mail.gmail.com

Hans de Goede 07-08-2012 05:58 PM

Bug#677533: video: USB webcam fails since kernel 3.2
 
Hi,

On 07/08/2012 03:01 PM, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:

2012/6/17 Martin-Éric Racine <martin-eric.racine@iki.fi>:

pe, 2012-06-15 kello 23:41 -0500, Jonathan Nieder kirjoitti:

Martin-Éric Racine wrote:

usb 1-7: new high-speed USB device number 3 using ehci_hcd

[...]

usb 1-7: New USB device found, idVendor=0ac8, idProduct=0321
usb 1-7: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
usb 1-7: Product: USB2.0 Web Camera
usb 1-7: Manufacturer: Vimicro Corp.

[...]

Linux media interface: v0.10
Linux video capture interface: v2.00
gspca_main: v2.14.0 registered
gspca_main: vc032x-2.14.0 probing 0ac8:0321
usbcore: registered new interface driver vc032x


The device of interest is discovered.


gspca_main: ISOC data error: [36] len=0, status=-71
gspca_main: ISOC data error: [65] len=0, status=-71

[...]

gspca_main: ISOC data error: [48] len=0, status=-71
video_source:sr[3246]: segfault at 0 ip (null) sp ab36de1c error 14 in cheese[8048000+21000]
gspca_main: ISOC data error: [17] len=0, status=-71


(The above data error spew starts around t=121 seconds and continues
at a rate of about 15 messages per second. The segfault is around
t=154.)



The vc032x code hasn't changed since 3.4.1, so please report your
symptoms to Jean-François Moine <moinejf@free.fr>, cc-ing
linux-media@vger.kernel.org, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, and either
me or this bug log so we can track it. Be sure to mention:

- steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, and how the
difference indicates a bug (should be simple enough in this case)


1. Ensure that user 'myself' is a member of the 'video' group.
2. Launch the webcam application Cheese from the GNOME desktop.

Expected result: Cheese displays whatever this laptop's camera sees.

Actual result: Cheese crashes while attempting to access the camera.


- how reproducible the bug is (100%?)


100%


- which kernel versions you have tested and result with each (what is
the newest kernel version that worked?)


It probably was 3.1.0 or some earlier 3.2 release (the upcoming Debian
will release with 3.2.x; 3.4 was only used here for testing purposes),
but I wouldn't know for sure since I don't use my webcam too often.


I finally found time to perform further testing, using kernel packages
from snapshots.debian.org, and the last one that positively worked (at
least using GNOME's webcam application Cheese) was:

linux-image-3.1.0-1-686-pae 3.1.8-2
Linux 3.1 for modern PCs

This loaded the following video modules:

gspca_vc032x
gspca_main
videodev
media

Tests using 3.2.1-1 or more recent crashed as described before. This
at least gives us a time frame for when the regression started.


Hmm, this is then likely caused by the new isoc bandwidth negotiation code
in 3.2, unfortunately the vc032x driver is one of the few gspca drivers
for which I don't have a cam to test with. Can you try to build your own
kernel from source?

Boot into your own kernel, and verify the regression is still there,
then edit drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca.c and go to the which_bandwidth
function, and at the beginning of this function add the following line:

return 2000 * 2000 * 120;

Then rebuild and re-install the kernel and try again.

If that helps, remove the added
return 2000 * 2000 * 120;
line, and also remove the following lines from which_bandwidth:

/* if the image is compressed, estimate its mean size */
if (!gspca_dev->cam.needs_full_bandwidth &&
bandwidth < gspca_dev->cam.cam_mode[i].width *
gspca_dev->cam.cam_mode[i].height)
bandwidth = bandwidth * 3 / 8; /* 0.375 */

And try again if things still work this way.

Once you've tested this I can try to write a fix for this.

Regards,

Hans



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4FF9CA30.9050105@redhat.com">http://lists.debian.org/4FF9CA30.9050105@redhat.com

Jean-Francois Moine 07-08-2012 06:33 PM

Bug#677533: video: USB webcam fails since kernel 3.2
 
On Sun, 08 Jul 2012 19:58:08 +0200
Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hmm, this is then likely caused by the new isoc bandwidth negotiation code
> in 3.2, unfortunately the vc032x driver is one of the few gspca drivers
> for which I don't have a cam to test with. Can you try to build your own
> kernel from source?

Hi Martin-ric,

Instead of re-building the gspca driver from a kernel source, you may
try the gspca test tarball from my web site
http://moinejf.free.fr/gspca-2.15.18.tar.gz
It contains most of the bug fixes, including the one about the
bandwidth problem.

--
Ken ar c'henta | ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef | http://moinejf.free.fr/



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/20120708203303.26d13474@armhf

Hans de Goede 07-09-2012 08:43 AM

Bug#677533: video: USB webcam fails since kernel 3.2
 
Hi,

On 07/08/2012 08:33 PM, Jean-Francois Moine wrote:

On Sun, 08 Jul 2012 19:58:08 +0200
Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com> wrote:


Hmm, this is then likely caused by the new isoc bandwidth negotiation code
in 3.2, unfortunately the vc032x driver is one of the few gspca drivers
for which I don't have a cam to test with. Can you try to build your own
kernel from source?


Hi Martin-ric,

Instead of re-building the gspca driver from a kernel source, you may
try the gspca test tarball from my web site
http://moinejf.free.fr/gspca-2.15.18.tar.gz


That is a good option too and easier then building a whole new kernel,
but:


It contains most of the bug fixes, including the one about the
bandwidth problem.


Right, but the problem with the vc032x driver is that there no bandwidth
related bugfix for it yet, which is why I asked Martin-ric, not only
to build a new gspca driver from source, but also to try some modifications.

Martin-ric,

Building the gspca test-tarbal also is a good way to test this:
http://moinejf.free.fr/gspca-2.15.18.tar.gz

But once you've confirmed the problem still happens with that version
you will still need to try the changes I suggested to gspca.c to help
us confirm that this is a bandwidth issue and try to come up with a fix.

Thanks & Regards,

Hans



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4FFA999B.7070000@redhat.com">http://lists.debian.org/4FFA999B.7070000@redhat.com

Martin-Éric Racine 07-09-2012 11:33 AM

Bug#677533: video: USB webcam fails since kernel 3.2
 
2012/7/8 Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com>:
> On 07/08/2012 03:01 PM, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
>>
>> 2012/6/17 Martin-Éric Racine <martin-eric.racine@iki.fi>:
>>>
>>> pe, 2012-06-15 kello 23:41 -0500, Jonathan Nieder kirjoitti:
>>>>
>>>> Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> usb 1-7: new high-speed USB device number 3 using ehci_hcd
>>>>
>>>> [...]
>>>>>
>>>>> usb 1-7: New USB device found, idVendor=0ac8, idProduct=0321
>>>>> usb 1-7: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
>>>>> usb 1-7: Product: USB2.0 Web Camera
>>>>> usb 1-7: Manufacturer: Vimicro Corp.
>>>>
>>>> [...]
>>>>>
>>>>> Linux media interface: v0.10
>>>>> Linux video capture interface: v2.00
>>>>> gspca_main: v2.14.0 registered
>>>>> gspca_main: vc032x-2.14.0 probing 0ac8:0321
>>>>> usbcore: registered new interface driver vc032x
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> The device of interest is discovered.
>>>>
>>>>> gspca_main: ISOC data error: [36] len=0, status=-71
>>>>> gspca_main: ISOC data error: [65] len=0, status=-71
>>>>
>>>> [...]
>>>>>
>>>>> gspca_main: ISOC data error: [48] len=0, status=-71
>>>>> video_source:sr[3246]: segfault at 0 ip (null) sp ab36de1c error 14
>>>>> in cheese[8048000+21000]
>>>>> gspca_main: ISOC data error: [17] len=0, status=-71
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> (The above data error spew starts around t=121 seconds and continues
>>>> at a rate of about 15 messages per second. The segfault is around
>>>> t=154.)
>>>
>>>
>>>> The vc032x code hasn't changed since 3.4.1, so please report your
>>>> symptoms to Jean-François Moine <moinejf@free.fr>, cc-ing
>>>> linux-media@vger.kernel.org, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, and either
>>>> me or this bug log so we can track it. Be sure to mention:
>>>>
>>>> - steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, and how the
>>>> difference indicates a bug (should be simple enough in this case)
>>>
>>>
>>> 1. Ensure that user 'myself' is a member of the 'video' group.
>>> 2. Launch the webcam application Cheese from the GNOME desktop.
>>>
>>> Expected result: Cheese displays whatever this laptop's camera sees.
>>>
>>> Actual result: Cheese crashes while attempting to access the camera.
>>>
>>>> - how reproducible the bug is (100%?)
>>>
>>>
>>> 100%
>>>
>>>> - which kernel versions you have tested and result with each (what is
>>>> the newest kernel version that worked?)
>>>
>>>
>>> It probably was 3.1.0 or some earlier 3.2 release (the upcoming Debian
>>> will release with 3.2.x; 3.4 was only used here for testing purposes),
>>> but I wouldn't know for sure since I don't use my webcam too often.
>>
>>
>> I finally found time to perform further testing, using kernel packages
>> from snapshots.debian.org, and the last one that positively worked (at
>> least using GNOME's webcam application Cheese) was:
>>
>> linux-image-3.1.0-1-686-pae 3.1.8-2
>> Linux 3.1 for modern PCs
>>
>> This loaded the following video modules:
>>
>> gspca_vc032x
>> gspca_main
>> videodev
>> media
>>
>> Tests using 3.2.1-1 or more recent crashed as described before. This
>> at least gives us a time frame for when the regression started.
>
>
> Hmm, this is then likely caused by the new isoc bandwidth negotiation code
> in 3.2, unfortunately the vc032x driver is one of the few gspca drivers
> for which I don't have a cam to test with. Can you try to build your own
> kernel from source?
>
> Boot into your own kernel, and verify the regression is still there,
> then edit drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca.c and go to the which_bandwidth
> function, and at the beginning of this function add the following line:
>
> return 2000 * 2000 * 120;
>
> Then rebuild and re-install the kernel and try again.
>
> If that helps, remove the added
> return 2000 * 2000 * 120;
> line, and also remove the following lines from which_bandwidth:
>
> /* if the image is compressed, estimate its mean size */
> if (!gspca_dev->cam.needs_full_bandwidth &&
> bandwidth < gspca_dev->cam.cam_mode[i].width *
> gspca_dev->cam.cam_mode[i].height)
> bandwidth = bandwidth * 3 / 8; /* 0.375 */
>
> And try again if things still work this way.
>
> Once you've tested this I can try to write a fix for this.

Hans,

Thank you for your reply.

Just to eliminate the possibility of mistakes on my part while trying
to perform the above changes, could you send me a patch against Linux
3.2.21 that I could apply as-is, before building myself a test kernel
package?

Cheers!
Martin-Éric



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: CAPZXPQd026xfKrAU0D7CLQGbdAs8U01u5vsHp+5-wbVofAwdqQ@mail.gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/CAPZXPQd026xfKrAU0D7CLQGbdAs8U01u5vsHp+5-wbVofAwdqQ@mail.gmail.com

Hans de Goede 07-09-2012 01:12 PM

Bug#677533: video: USB webcam fails since kernel 3.2
 
Hi,

On 07/09/2012 01:33 PM, Martin-ric Racine wrote:

<snip>


Hmm, this is then likely caused by the new isoc bandwidth negotiation code
in 3.2, unfortunately the vc032x driver is one of the few gspca drivers
for which I don't have a cam to test with. Can you try to build your own
kernel from source?

Boot into your own kernel, and verify the regression is still there,
then edit drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca.c and go to the which_bandwidth
function, and at the beginning of this function add the following line:

return 2000 * 2000 * 120;

Then rebuild and re-install the kernel and try again.

If that helps, remove the added
return 2000 * 2000 * 120;
line, and also remove the following lines from which_bandwidth:

/* if the image is compressed, estimate its mean size */
if (!gspca_dev->cam.needs_full_bandwidth &&
bandwidth < gspca_dev->cam.cam_mode[i].width *
gspca_dev->cam.cam_mode[i].height)
bandwidth = bandwidth * 3 / 8; /* 0.375 */

And try again if things still work this way.

Once you've tested this I can try to write a fix for this.


Hans,

Thank you for your reply.

Just to eliminate the possibility of mistakes on my part while trying
to perform the above changes, could you send me a patch against Linux
3.2.21 that I could apply as-is, before building myself a test kernel
package?


Erm, that is quite a bit of work from my side for something which you
can easily do yourself, edit gspca.c, search for which_bandwidth
and then under the following lines:
u32 bandwidth;
int i;

Add a line like this:
return 2000 * 2000 * 120;

Regards,

Hans



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4FFAD8D9.8070203@redhat.com">http://lists.debian.org/4FFAD8D9.8070203@redhat.com

Jonathan Nieder 07-09-2012 08:39 PM

Bug#677533: video: USB webcam fails since kernel 3.2
 
Hi Martin-ric,

Hans de Goede wrote:

> Erm, that is quite a bit of work from my side for something which you
> can easily do yourself, edit gspca.c, search for which_bandwidth
> and then under the following lines:
> u32 bandwidth;
> int i;
>
> Add a line like this:
> return 2000 * 2000 * 120;

In case it helps, here are some more complete instructions.

0. Prerequisites:

apt-get install git build-essential

1. Get the kernel history, if you don't already have it:

git clone
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git

2. Try linus's master:

cd linux
git fetch origin
git reset --hard origin/master
cp /boot/config-$(uname -r) .config; # current configuration
scripts/config --disable DEBUG_INFO
make localmodconfig; # optional: minimize configuration
make deb-pkg; # optionally with -j<num> for parallel build
dpkg -i ../<name of package>; # as root
reboot
... test test test ...

Hopefully it reproduces the bug.

3. Try Hans's first suggested change, as described in the quoted text
above:

cd linux
vi drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca.c
... make the suggested edits ...
make deb-pkg; # maybe with -j4
dpkg -i ../<name of package>; # as root
reboot
... test test test ...

4. Try Hans's second suggested change, as described in a previous
message:

cd linux
vi drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca.c
... make the suggested edits ...
make deb-pkg; # maybe with -j4
dpkg -i ../<name of package>; # as root
reboot
... test test test ...

No doubt Jean-Franois will notice that it is easier to test the
standalone driver because the first build does not have to compile the
whole kernel. That's fine, too. The instructions above describe how
to test the in-kernel driver because it's what I'm used to (and
because it means you test the driver against the same version of the
rest of the kernel as would get the fix).

Hope that helps,
Jonathan



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/20120709203929.GC17301@burratino

Martin-ric Racine 07-10-2012 12:56 PM

Bug#677533: video: USB webcam fails since kernel 3.2
 
Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for these detailed instructions. Find the results of my testing below:

2012/7/9 Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>:
> Hans de Goede wrote:
>
>> Erm, that is quite a bit of work from my side for something which you
>> can easily do yourself, edit gspca.c, search for which_bandwidth
>> and then under the following lines:
>> u32 bandwidth;
>> int i;
>>
>> Add a line like this:
>> return 2000 * 2000 * 120;
>
> In case it helps, here are some more complete instructions.
>
> 0. Prerequisites:
>
> apt-get install git build-essential
>
> 1. Get the kernel history, if you don't already have it:
>
> git clone
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git

Cloned up to the following commit:

commit 2437fccfbfc83bcb868ccc7fdfe2b5310bf07835
Merge: 6c6ee53 d92d95b6
Author: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
Date: Mon Jul 9 13:43:02 2012 -0700

Merge tag 'regulator-3.5' of
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/regulator

> 2. Try linus's master:
>
> cd linux
> git fetch origin
> git reset --hard origin/master
> cp /boot/config-$(uname -r) .config; # current configuration
> scripts/config --disable DEBUG_INFO
> make localmodconfig; # optional: minimize configuration
> make deb-pkg; # optionally with -j<num> for parallel build
> dpkg -i ../<name of package>; # as root
> reboot
> ... test test test ...
>
> Hopefully it reproduces the bug.

Fails as previously.

> 3. Try Hans's first suggested change, as described in the quoted text
> above:

/* compute the minimum bandwidth for the current transfer */
static u32 which_bandwidth(struct gspca_dev *gspca_dev)
{
u32 bandwidth;
int i;

return 2000 * 2000 * 120;

/* get the (max) image size */

> cd linux
> vi drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca.c
> ... make the suggested edits ...
> make deb-pkg; # maybe with -j4
> dpkg -i ../<name of package>; # as root
> reboot
> ... test test test ...

The camera works again in Cheese, at least some of the time. Other
times, launching Cheese immediately crashes GNOME, which restarts the
X.org server.

However, with Skype 4.0.0.7, it only shows a green square, instead of
the camera's output.

> 4. Try Hans's second suggested change, as described in a previous
> message:
>
> cd linux
> vi drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca.c
> ... make the suggested edits ...
> make deb-pkg; # maybe with -j4
> dpkg -i ../<name of package>; # as root
> reboot
> ... test test test ...

This produces a severely distorted image for a few seconds, then
Cheese crashes; GNOME itself survives.

Meanwhile, Skype 4.0.0.7 shows a black square, instead of the camera's output.

I hope that the above already provides some usable answers.

Martin-ric



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: CAPZXPQcaEzW1zGXfGwp-JuOrfBu2xhoidaYjthD8jhYAFpWr7A@mail.gmail.com">htt p://lists.debian.org/CAPZXPQcaEzW1zGXfGwp-JuOrfBu2xhoidaYjthD8jhYAFpWr7A@mail.gmail.com

Jean-Francois Moine 07-10-2012 02:36 PM

Bug#677533: video: USB webcam fails since kernel 3.2
 
On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 15:56:08 +0300
Martin-ric Racine <martin-eric.racine@iki.fi> wrote:
[snip]
> I hope that the above already provides some usable answers.

Not a lot :(

Well, I already saw these errors -71. One case was a cable problem.
An other one occurred with skype only, while vlc worked correctly.

So, it would be interesting to know if the (almost) last driver works.
Then, you may try the gspca-2.15.18.tar.gz from my web site:

wget http://moinejf.free.fr/gspca-2.15.18.tar.gz
tar -zxf gspca-2.15.18.tar.gz
cd gspca-2.15.18
make
su
make install
reboot

You may then try cheese. For skype, don't forget to force the
use of the v4l library:

export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so
skype

If the problem is still there, I'd be glad to get some traces.
For that, as root, do:

echo 0x1f > /sys/module/gspca_main/parameters/debug

then, unplug/replug the webcam, do some capture until the problem
occurs, and send us the last kernel messages starting from the webcam
probe.

Thanks.

--
Ken ar c'henta | ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef | http://moinejf.free.fr/



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/20120710163645.04fb0af0@armhf

Martin-ric Racine 07-11-2012 07:02 AM

Bug#677533: video: USB webcam fails since kernel 3.2
 
2012/7/10 Jean-Francois Moine <moinejf@free.fr>:
> So, it would be interesting to know if the (almost) last driver works.
> Then, you may try the gspca-2.15.18.tar.gz from my web site:
>
> wget http://moinejf.free.fr/gspca-2.15.18.tar.gz
> tar -zxf gspca-2.15.18.tar.gz
> cd gspca-2.15.18
> make

$ LC_ALL=C make
make -C /lib/modules/3.5.0-rc6+/build
M=/home/perkelix/gspca-2.15.18/build modules
make: *** /lib/modules/3.5.0-rc6+/build: No such file or directory. Stop.
make: *** [modules] Error 2

> su
> make install
> reboot
>
> You may then try cheese. For skype, don't forget to force the
> use of the v4l library:
>
> export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so
> skype

I don't recall Skype having required this in a long time. As I already
said, until recently, the camera "just worked".

> If the problem is still there, I'd be glad to get some traces.
> For that, as root, do:
>
> echo 0x1f > /sys/module/gspca_main/parameters/debug
>
> then, unplug/replug the webcam,

No can do; this is an internal webcam.

Martin-ric



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/CAPZXPQehjGRDZ=rXWjGFPQvRqOMzRpeA2dpoSWc3XwuUkvves g@mail.gmail.com


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:16 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.