Thanks. Please specify a version number next time.
> [ 175.461616] ath5k phy0: gain calibration timeout (2462MHz)
> [ 175.462671] ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready
Interesting. I'd never seen this message before, but a search of
the linux-wireless yielded some hits.
No great ideas from me. So:
- please boot without the virtualbox drivers to rule them out as
- does unloading the acer_wmi driver help? (I wouldn't expect it
to, but it seems worth a check.)
- is "rfkill list" output as expected?
- you mentioned that with some earlier 3.2.y kernel you had similar
problems, though there was a workaround. May I assume that
earlier kernels worked fine? Of the kernels listed at
<http://snapshot.debian.org/package/linux-2.6/>, which is the
newest version that works without problems?
- please file a separate bug for the laptop with different hardware.
- does this always happen right away or only in some circumstances?
(e.g., after a suspend/resume)
- can you reproduce this without using wicd? i.e.
install iw and iproute
ip link set wlan0 up
iw dev wlan0 connect -w <SSID> key d:0:<WEP key>
iw event -t
running in another terminal to see if anything interesting happens.
Vaguely reminiscent of https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=16436
but that bug has a different regression range which makes it not a great
match. So I look forward to some clues to narrow this down.
Hope that helps,
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org