Old 04-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Johnny Damtoft

Default Request for new kernel package, for the maintenance team. (Kernel options: bigmem+vserver, combined)

Hi,

I have a few Debian servers with aprox. 8GB of memory. I'm also running
vserver on this servers, and this gives me a problem using the kernel
packages that is provided by the Debian Kernel Team.

My request is:
Please create and maintain a new package, that combines the kernel
options "bigmem" and the "vserver" into one packages - or maybe even
simpler, by just updating the existing vserver kernel package, with the
bigmem option.

# CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G is not set
CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G=y
CONFIG_HIGHMEM=y

Anyone else that thinks this is a good idea?

--
Johnny Damtoft <johnny@damtoft.dk>