Old 02-20-2012, 08:59 PM
"Brian C. Lane"

Default fixup eject handling (#787461)

From: "Brian C. Lane" <bcl@redhat.com>

This patchset replaces my previous one. It depends on lorax creating images
with dracut --prefix=/run/initramfs/ so that we can access the dracut shutdown
hooks. This will be in the next lorax build (17.6)

Instead of ejecting the media out from under the install we will now write
a shutdown hook that handles the eject as one of the last things the system
does.

during shutdown systemd uses the /run/initramfs/shutdown script from dracut,
this allows us to eject the media after everything had been unmounted so that
the installer doesn't crash.

Brian C. Lane (2):
add dracut shutdown eject hook function (#787461)
use a dracut shutdown hook to eject media (#787461)

anaconda | 5 ++---
pyanaconda/constants.py | 2 ++
pyanaconda/installmethod.py | 8 ++++----
pyanaconda/iutil.py | 24 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
pyanaconda/yuminstall.py | 34 +++++++++-------------------------

1.7.7.6

Old 02-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Chris Lumens

> anaconda | 5 ++---
> pyanaconda/constants.py | 2 ++
> pyanaconda/installmethod.py | 8 ++++----
> pyanaconda/iutil.py | 24 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
> pyanaconda/yuminstall.py | 34 +++++++++-------------------------

I think this is the best approach to take, but I have two comments:

(1) You seem to have lapsed into some crazy new coding style with your
parens that we don't seem to be doing anywhere else.

(2) Losing the eject mechanism around the wrong disc error isn't so hot,
but it probably doesn't happen very much anymore. I bet getting rid of
split media turned this into a very rare case.

- Chris