FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Kernel

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-15-2012, 07:49 AM
David Baron
 
Default Bug#659948: Fails to upgrade (Sid)

Package: initramfs-tools
Version: 0.100
Severity: grave

--- Please enter the report below this line. ---
On attempted upgrade

update-initramfs: deferring update (trigger activated)
Processing triggers for initramfs-tools ...
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-1-686-pae
/rootfs: No such file or directory
mkinitramfs: for root /rootfs missing /rootfs /sys/block/ entry
mkinitramfs: workaround is MODULES=most
mkinitramfs: Error please report the bug
update-initramfs: failed for /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-1-686-pae with 1.
dpkg: error processing initramfs-tools (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
configured to not write apport reports
Errors were encountered while
processing:
initramfs-tools

Upgrade will procede after ln -s / /rootfs
but will complain about /: is a directory
Results look OK.

--- System information. ---
Architecture: i386
Kernel: Linux 3.2.0-1-686-pae

Debian Release: wheezy/sid
500 unstable ftp.us.debian.org
500 testing ftp.us.debian.org
1 experimental ftp.us.debian.org

--- Package information. ---
Depends (Version) | Installed
====================================-+-===============
klibc-utils (>= 1.5.23-2~) | 2.0~rc2-0.1
cpio | 2.11-7
module-init-tools | 3.16-1
udev | 175-3
findutils (>= 4.2.24) | 4.4.2-4


Recommends (Version) | Installed
====================================-+-===============
busybox (>= 1:1.01-3) | 1:1.19.3-5
OR busybox-initramfs |
OR busybox-static |


Suggests (Version) | Installed
==============================-+-===========
bash-completion |



--- Output from package bug script ---
-- initramfs sizes
-- /proc/cmdline
auto BOOT_IMAGE=3.2.0-1-686 ro root=UUID=df24bea0-5520-4281-b053-021bd5a96628
ramdisk=8129 nmi_watchdog=0

-- resume
RESUME=UUID=d0c33beb-b77a-4e77-ac0b-346161a1120a
-- /proc/filesystems
ext3
msdos
ntfs
fuseblk
squashfs

-- lsmod
Module Size Used by
snd_seq_dummy 12455 0
snd_hrtimer 12540 1
snd_mpu401 12633 0
snd_mpu401_uart 13299 1 snd_mpu401
squashfs 26746 2
loop 17810 4
xt_multiport 12492 1
binfmt_misc 12813 1
ppdev 12651 0
ip6table_filter 12492 0
ip6_tables 17185 1 ip6table_filter
rfcomm 28590 0
bnep 17288 2
bluetooth 103750 10 rfcomm,bnep
rfkill 18516 2 bluetooth
crc16 12327 1 bluetooth
pci_stub 12397 1
vboxpci 18713 0
vboxnetadp 13143 0
vboxnetflt 23231 0
vboxdrv 164892 3 vboxpci,vboxnetadp,vboxnetflt
tun 17868 2
nfsd 173714 11
lockd 57255 1 nfsd
nfs_acl 12463 1 nfsd
auth_rpcgss 32143 1 nfsd
sunrpc 143853 17 nfsd,lockd,nfs_acl,auth_rpcgss
xt_tcpudp 12506 171
xt_limit 12484 2
nf_conntrack_ipv4 13726 132
nf_defrag_ipv4 12443 1 nf_conntrack_ipv4
xt_state 12455 132
ipt_LOG 12533 2
ipt_REJECT 12454 2
nf_conntrack_ftp 12533 0
nf_conntrack 43121 3 nf_conntrack_ipv4,xt_state,nf_conntrack_ftp
iptable_filter 12488 1
ip_tables 17079 1 iptable_filter
x_tables 18121 10
xt_multiport,ip6table_filter,ip6_tables,xt_tcpudp, xt_limit,xt_state,ipt_LOG,ipt_REJECT,iptable_filte r,ip_tables
fuse 52153 1
dm_crypt 18039 0
it87 17958 0
hwmon_vid 12398 1 it87
i2c_dev 12949 0
lp 12797 0
ide_cd_mod 30253 0
ide_core 65911 1 ide_cd_mod
autofs4 22746 0
ntfs 162346 0
msdos 12829 0
fat 44497 1 msdos
nls_iso8859_1 12421 0
nls_cp1255 12418 0
8139too 22028 0
snd_usb_audio 71309 2
snd_usbmidi_lib 18844 1 snd_usb_audio
usbhid 31523 0
hid 60120 1 usbhid
nvidia 10725349 40
snd_hda_codec_realtek 142055 1
snd_hda_intel 21856 2
snd_hda_codec 63448 2 snd_hda_codec_realtek,snd_hda_intel
snd_hwdep 12943 2 snd_usb_audio,snd_hda_codec
snd_pcm_oss 36181 0
snd_mixer_oss 17668 1 snd_pcm_oss
snd_pcm 53390 4
snd_usb_audio,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_pcm_ oss
uhci_hcd 22337 0
ehci_hcd 35509 0
snd_seq_midi 12744 0
usbcore 104352 7
snd_usb_audio,snd_usbmidi_lib,usbhid,uhci_hcd,ehci _hcd
snd_rawmidi 18376 3 snd_mpu401_uart,snd_usbmidi_lib,snd_seq_midi
snd_seq_midi_event 13124 1 snd_seq_midi
snd_seq 39487 7 snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_midi,snd_seq_midi_event
snd_timer 22356 3 snd_hrtimer,snd_pcm,snd_seq
iTCO_wdt 16945 0
snd_seq_device 13016 4 snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_midi,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq
iTCO_vendor_support 12632 1 iTCO_wdt
snd 42691 25
snd_mpu401,snd_mpu401_uart,snd_usb_audio,snd_usbmi di_lib,snd_hda_codec_realtek,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda _codec,snd_hwdep,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm ,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq,snd_timer,snd_seq_device
soundcore 12921 1 snd
snd_page_alloc 12867 2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm
sr_mod 17468 0
processor 27483 0
button 12817 0
rng_core 12580 0
usb_common 12338 1 usbcore
i2c_i801 12670 0
thermal_sys 17752 1 processor
parport_pc 22036 1
parport 31254 3 ppdev,lp,parport_pc
cdrom 34813 2 ide_cd_mod,sr_mod
r8169 41810 0
floppy 48121 0
mii 12595 2 8139too,r8169
i2c_core 19116 3 i2c_dev,nvidia,i2c_i801
evdev 17225 0
pcspkr 12515 0
ext3 138190 6
mbcache 12897 1 ext3
dm_mirror 17376 0
dm_region_hash 13235 1 dm_mirror
dm_log 13309 2 dm_mirror,dm_region_hash
dm_mod 57278 25 dm_crypt,dm_mirror,dm_log
jbd 51377 1 ext3
sd_mod 35425 12
crc_t10dif 12332 1 sd_mod
ata_generic 12439 0
ata_piix 21175 10
libata 124981 2 ata_generic,ata_piix
scsi_mod 135161 3 sr_mod,sd_mod,libata

-- /etc/initramfs-tools/modules
jbd

-- /etc/kernel-img.conf
# Do not create symbolic links in /
do_symlinks = Yes
relative_links = Yes
link_in_boot = Yes
#do_bootloader = Yes
do_initrd = Yes


-- /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf
MODULES=dep
BUSYBOX=y
KEYMAP=n
COMPRESS=gzip
BOOT=local
DEVICE=
NFSROOT=auto

-- /etc/initramfs-tools/update-initramfs.conf
update_initramfs=yes
backup_initramfs=no

-- /etc/crypttab
# <target name> <source device> <key file> <options>

-- /sys/block
dm-0
dm-1
dm-2
dm-3
loop0
loop1
loop2
loop3
loop4
loop5
loop6
loop7
sda
sdb
sr0

-- mkinitramfs hooks
/etc/initramfs-tools/hooks/:

/usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks:
btrfs
busybox
cryptgnupg
cryptkeyctl
cryptopenct
cryptopensc
cryptpassdev
cryptroot
dmraid
dmsetup
fuse
keymap
klibc
lvm2
ntfs_3g
thermal
udev




--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 201202151049.54277.d_baron@012.net.il">http://lists.debian.org/201202151049.54277.d_baron@012.net.il
 
Old 02-15-2012, 08:40 AM
Michael Prokop
 
Default Bug#659948: Fails to upgrade (Sid)

* David Baron [Wed Feb 15, 2012 at 10:49:53AM +0200]:

> --- Please enter the report below this line. ---
> On attempted upgrade

From which initramfs-tools version are you upgrading?

> update-initramfs: deferring update (trigger activated)
> Processing triggers for initramfs-tools ...
> update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-1-686-pae
> /rootfs: No such file or directory
> mkinitramfs: for root /rootfs missing /rootfs /sys/block/ entry
> mkinitramfs: workaround is MODULES=most
> mkinitramfs: Error please report the bug
> update-initramfs: failed for /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-1-686-pae with 1.
> dpkg: error processing initramfs-tools (--configure):
> subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
> configured to not write apport reports
> Errors were encountered while
> processing:
> initramfs-tools

Did you recently switch to the usage of
"root=UUID=df24bea0-5520-4281-b053-021bd5a96628" or did you use the
very same kernel command line also with the older version of
initramfs-tools?

> -- /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf
> MODULES=dep

Same question for MODULES=dep (and as noted in the error message
switching to MODULES=most will work around your issue).

Please also provide output of 'mount' of your system.

regards,
-mika-
 
Old 02-15-2012, 09:23 AM
David Baron
 
Default Bug#659948: Fails to upgrade (Sid)

On Wednesday 15 February 2012 11:40:02 Michael Prokop wrote:
> * David Baron [Wed Feb 15, 2012 at 10:49:53AM +0200]:
> > --- Please enter the report below this line. ---
> > On attempted upgrade
>
> From which initramfs-tools version are you upgrading?
Previous Sid version.

>
> > update-initramfs: deferring update (trigger activated)
> > Processing triggers for initramfs-tools ...
> > update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-1-686-pae
> > /rootfs: No such file or directory
> > mkinitramfs: for root /rootfs missing /rootfs /sys/block/ entry
> > mkinitramfs: workaround is MODULES=most
> > mkinitramfs: Error please report the bug
> > update-initramfs: failed for /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-1-686-pae with 1.
> >
> > dpkg: error processing initramfs-tools (--configure):
> > subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status
> > 1
> >
> > configured to not write apport reports
> >
> > Errors were encountered while
> >
> > processing:
> > initramfs-tools
>
> Did you recently switch to the usage of
> "root=UUID=df24bea0-5520-4281-b053-021bd5a96628" or did you use the
> very same kernel command line also with the older version of
> initramfs-tools?
No change here.

>
> > -- /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf
> > MODULES=dep
>
> Same question for MODULES=dep (and as noted in the error message
> switching to MODULES=most will work around your issue).
This makes things too big for lilo (or at least did so previously)


> Please also provide output of 'mount' of your system.
:~$ mount
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs
(rw,noexec,nosuid,size=10%,mode=755,size=10%,mode= 755)
tmpfs on /run/lock type tmpfs
(rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,size=5242880,mode=1777,siz e=5242880,mode=1777)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs
(rw,nosuid,nodev,size=20%,mode=1777,size=20%,mode= 1777)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
udev on /dev type tmpfs (rw,mode=0755)
tmpfs on /run/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,size=512m,size=20%,mode=1777)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts
(rw,noexec,nosuid,gid=5,mode=620,gid=5,mode=620)
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw)
/dev/sda1 on /boot type ext3 (rw,errors=remount-ro)
none on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
none on /run/shm type tmpfs (rw,size=512m)
/dev/mapper/DB--LVM-LV_OPT on /opt type ext3 (rw)
/dev/mapper/DB--LVM-LV_USR on /usr type ext3 (rw)
/dev/mapper/DB--LVM-LV_VAR on /var type ext3 (rw)
/dev/mapper/DB--LVM-LV_HOME on /home type ext3 (rw)
nfsd on /proc/fs/nfsd type nfsd (rw)
binfmt_misc on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc
(rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
/home/david/hda1-windows on /mnt/hda1 type squashfs (ro)
/home/david/hda6-windows on /mnt/hda6 type squashfs (ro)

Does show a rootfs mount on /



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 201202151223.47726.d_baron@012.net.il">http://lists.debian.org/201202151223.47726.d_baron@012.net.il
 
Old 02-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Michael Prokop
 
Default Bug#659948: Fails to upgrade (Sid)

* David Baron [Wed Feb 15, 2012 at 12:23:47PM +0200]:
> On Wednesday 15 February 2012 11:40:02 Michael Prokop wrote:

> > Please also provide output of 'mount' of your system.

> :~$ mount
[...]
> rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)

Please provide your /etc/fstab
How did you set up your system? debian-installer?

regards,
-mika-
 
Old 02-15-2012, 10:33 AM
David Baron
 
Default Bug#659948: Fails to upgrade (Sid)

On Wednesday 15 February 2012 13:07:19 Michael Prokop wrote:
> * David Baron [Wed Feb 15, 2012 at 12:23:47PM +0200]:
> > On Wednesday 15 February 2012 11:40:02 Michael Prokop wrote:
> > > Please also provide output of 'mount' of your system.
> > :
> > :~$ mount
>
> [...]
>
> > rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
>
> Please provide your /etc/fstab
Note: does not explicitly call for rootfs mount!

> How did you set up your system? debian-installer?
This started out as a knoppix-3 hd install.
fstab was modified by hand for creating/moving various partitions, use of lvm,
and change over to UID rather than /dev specifications.
The squashfs loop mounts are former windows98 partitions (not relevant here).
So there are a lot of extra #commented lines and some older mount points
maintained for convenience. Nothing untoward.

# /etc/fstab: filesystem table.
#
# filesystem mountpoint type options dump pass
# ROOT
# /dev/sdb2 / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
UUID=df24bea0-5520-4281-b053-021bd5a96628 / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1

# BOOT
# /dev/sdb1 /boot ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 2
UUID=cfec040e-ca65-432a-8e4e-68c2126a4f44 /boot ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 2

# /dev/sda4 none swap sw 0 0
#UUID=d0c33beb-b77a-4e77-ac0b-346161a1120a none swap sw 0 0
# /dev/sdb3 none swap sw 0 0
UUID=0e4daa81-9396-4257-850f-7a64732b64fd none swap sw 0 0
# /dev/sdc4
UUID=d0010f73-b271-4591-b36a-a19bfa25fda9 none swap sw 0 0

proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/fd0 /floppy vfat defaults,user,noauto,sync,exec,umask=022 0 0

#second master is now on /dev/hdc
# maintaining older mount directories for convenience
#changed by david baron
#/dev/hdb /mnt/hdc iso9660 defaults,user,noexec,noauto,unhide 0 0

# Added by KNOPPIX, made auto by david (I am taking out auto for summer)
# /dev/sda1 /mnt/hda1 vfat auto,user,exec,umask=000,uid=david,gid=david 0 0
#UUID=4C01-B501 /mnt/hda1 vfat auto,user,exec,umask=000,uid=david,gid=david 0 0

# SHARED DATA (left this way for convenience)
# /dev/sda5 /mnt/hda6 vfat auto,user,exec,umask=000,uid=david,gid=david 0 0
#UUID=C366-1257 /mnt/hda6 vfat auto,user,exec,umask=000,uid=david,gid=david 0 0

# AUDIO was on hdb--changed to hdc, keep older directories for convenience
#/dev/sdc5 /mnt/hdb5 vfat noauto,user,exec,umask=000,uid=david,gid=david 0 0


# Do I need such as this?
none /proc/bus/usb usbfs defaults 0 0

# temporary memory for qemu, et al?
none /dev/shm tmpfs rw,size=512m 0 0

# mount win98 image to my test folder
/mnt/hda6/win98.img /home/david/test auto noauto,loop,offset=32256,umask=022,user

# mount mp3 player
#/dev/sda /mnt/mp3player auto defaults,user,noauto 0 0
#/dev/sdb /mnt/pictureframe auto defaults,user,noauto 0 0

# mount cell phone usb
#/dev/sda1 /mnt/phone auto defaults,user,noauto 0 0
#/dev/sdb1 /mnt/phone-sd auto defaults,user,noauto 0 0
#/dev/sdd1 /mnt/phone-sd auto defaults,user,noauto 0 0


# NEW STUFF FOR LVM
/dev/DB-LVM/LV_OPT /opt ext3 defaults 1 2
/dev/DB-LVM/LV_USR /usr ext3 defaults 1 2
/dev/DB-LVM/LV_VAR /var ext3 defaults 1 2
/dev/DB-LVM/LV_HOME /home ext3 defaults 1 2

#/dev/DB-LVM2/LV_AUX /mnt/aux ext3 defaults 1 2
 
Old 02-15-2012, 11:46 AM
Bastian Blank
 
Default Bug#659948: Fails to upgrade (Sid)

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 01:33:12PM +0200, David Baron wrote:
> > Please provide your /etc/fstab
> Note: does not explicitly call for rootfs mount!

No. rootfs is a kernel implementation detail. It will not show up in
fstab.

> > How did you set up your system? debian-installer?
> This started out as a knoppix-3 hd install.

So no Debian at all.

Bastian

--
We'll pivot at warp 2 and bring all tubes to bear, Mr. Sulu!



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20120215124658.GA32537@wavehammer.waldi.eu.org">ht tp://lists.debian.org/20120215124658.GA32537@wavehammer.waldi.eu.org
 
Old 02-15-2012, 12:15 PM
David Baron
 
Default Bug#659948: Fails to upgrade (Sid)

On Wednesday 15 February 2012 14:46:59 Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 01:33:12PM +0200, David Baron wrote:
> > > Please provide your /etc/fstab
> >
> > Note: does not explicitly call for rootfs mount!
>
> No. rootfs is a kernel implementation detail. It will not show up in
> fstab.

OK. So why does initramfs-tools complain about it not being there?

> > > How did you set up your system? debian-installer?
> >
> > This started out as a knoppix-3 hd install.
>
> So no Debian at all.
>
> Bastian

What would /should (for the drives present, LVM, etc.) be different were this
to have been an older pure-debian (3?) install, afterwards, modified in the
same manner?

(Most all knoppix's stuff is gone but trying to remove their sysvinit
and/or hotplug-knoppix looks too dangerous. When I migrate to 64-bit, this
will start with deboostrap so the sysvinit should come from there, be
dependency based, etc. I would gladly remove the rest of their stuff right now
if I new how do it it safely.)



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 201202151515.12730.d_baron@012.net.il">http://lists.debian.org/201202151515.12730.d_baron@012.net.il
 
Old 02-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Touko Korpela
 
Default Bug#659948: Fails to upgrade (Sid)

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 12:23:47PM +0200, David Baron wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 February 2012 11:40:02 Michael Prokop wrote:
> > * David Baron [Wed Feb 15, 2012 at 10:49:53AM +0200]:
> > > --- Please enter the report below this line. ---
> > > On attempted upgrade
> >
> > From which initramfs-tools version are you upgrading?
> Previous Sid version.
>
> >
> > > update-initramfs: deferring update (trigger activated)
> > > Processing triggers for initramfs-tools ...
> > > update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-1-686-pae
> > > /rootfs: No such file or directory
> > > mkinitramfs: for root /rootfs missing /rootfs /sys/block/ entry
> > > mkinitramfs: workaround is MODULES=most
> > > mkinitramfs: Error please report the bug
> > > update-initramfs: failed for /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-1-686-pae with 1.
> > >
> > > dpkg: error processing initramfs-tools (--configure):
> > > subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status
> > > 1
> > >
> > > configured to not write apport reports
> > >
> > > Errors were encountered while
> > >
> > > processing:
> > > initramfs-tools
> >
> > Did you recently switch to the usage of
> > "root=UUID=df24bea0-5520-4281-b053-021bd5a96628" or did you use the
> > very same kernel command line also with the older version of
> > initramfs-tools?
> No change here.
>
> >
> > > -- /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf
> > > MODULES=dep
> >
> > Same question for MODULES=dep (and as noted in the error message
> > switching to MODULES=most will work around your issue).
> This makes things too big for lilo (or at least did so previously)

Please try to enable "large-memory" option in lilo.conf. It should help at
loading larger initramfs.



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20120216152232.GA26559@tiikeri.vuoristo.local">htt p://lists.debian.org/20120216152232.GA26559@tiikeri.vuoristo.local
 
Old 02-16-2012, 03:26 PM
David Baron
 
Default Bug#659948: Fails to upgrade (Sid)

On Thursday 16 February 2012 17:22:32 Touko Korpela wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 12:23:47PM +0200, David Baron wrote:
> > On Wednesday 15 February 2012 11:40:02 Michael Prokop wrote:
> > > * David Baron [Wed Feb 15, 2012 at 10:49:53AM +0200]:
> > > > --- Please enter the report below this line. ---
> > > > On attempted upgrade
> > >
> > > From which initramfs-tools version are you upgrading?
> >
> > Previous Sid version.
> >
> > > > update-initramfs: deferring update (trigger activated)
> > > > Processing triggers for initramfs-tools ...
> > > > update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-1-686-pae
> > > > /rootfs: No such file or directory
> > > > mkinitramfs: for root /rootfs missing /rootfs /sys/block/ entry
> > > > mkinitramfs: workaround is MODULES=most
> > > > mkinitramfs: Error please report the bug
> > > > update-initramfs: failed for /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-1-686-pae with 1.
> > > >
> > > > dpkg: error processing initramfs-tools (--configure):
> > > > subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit
> > > > status 1
> > > >
> > > > configured to not write apport reports
> > > >
> > > > Errors were encountered while
> > > >
> > > > processing:
> > > > initramfs-tools
> > >
> > > Did you recently switch to the usage of
> > > "root=UUID=df24bea0-5520-4281-b053-021bd5a96628" or did you use the
> > > very same kernel command line also with the older version of
> > > initramfs-tools?
> >
> > No change here.
> >
> > > > -- /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf
> > > > MODULES=dep
> > >
> > > Same question for MODULES=dep (and as noted in the error message
> > > switching to MODULES=most will work around your issue).
> >
> > This makes things too big for lilo (or at least did so previously)
>
> Please try to enable "large-memory" option in lilo.conf. It should help at
> loading larger initramfs.

It is.



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 201202161826.55434.d_baron@012.net.il">http://lists.debian.org/201202161826.55434.d_baron@012.net.il
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:55 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org