Old 02-07-2012, 03:05 AM
Jack Reed

Default Inducing traceback messages for documentation purposes

Hi everyone,

This is my first post to the list, so I'd best introduce myself: my
name's Jack Reed and I maintain the RHEL and Fedora Installation Guides.

I'm working on a bug that requires me to re-document the procedure for
saving traceback messages [1].

However, I need to know how to induce an error that will take me to an
'Exception Occurred' popup.

Can anyone suggest a way to sufficiently sabotage anaconda so this will
happen?

Thanks,

Jack

[1]
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/16/html/Installation_Guide/s2-trouble-tracebacks-x86.html

--
Jack Reed
Content Author

Red Hat Asia Pacific
Brisbane, Australia
Phone: +617 3514 8184

Old 02-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Vratislav Podzimek

Hi Jack,

On Tue, 2012-02-07 at 14:05 +1000, Jack Reed wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> This is my first post to the list, so I'd best introduce myself: my
> name's Jack Reed and I maintain the RHEL and Fedora Installation Guides.
>
> I'm working on a bug that requires me to re-document the procedure for
> saving traceback messages [1].
>
> However, I need to know how to induce an error that will take me to an
> 'Exception Occurred' popup.
>
> Can anyone suggest a way to sufficiently sabotage anaconda so this will
> happen?
I have created updates image for you. All you need is add
"updates=http://vpodzime.fedorapeople.org/updates_traceback.img" to boot
options and then set up network in the installer.
It was created for Fedora 16, but it should also work for rawhide.

If you have any troubles with it, just let me know.

--
Vratislav Podzimek