severity 646429 important
merge 646429 653331
> A friend (thanks FrodoBaggins!) suggested Bug#646429
> (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=646429) may be the
> same problem.
> Indeed: stars. After entering "echo +300 >
> /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm" a proper value is shown, but is
> instantly forgotten on reboot or powerdown. A couple of
> kernel-reloadings using kexec appear to show that updating the
> wakealarm makes the difference between kernel 3.1 booting or not.
> I haven't tried his patch, for two reasons: #1 I'm not very
> experienced with kernel compilation. #2 It would take approximately
> two eternities on the laptop in question.
There have been some rtc changes upstream:
- v3.2-rc5~43^2~4 (rtc: Disable the alarm in the hardware,
2011-11-22), cherry-picked as v3.1.5~23
- v3.2-rc7~23^2~2 (rtc: Expire alarms after the time is set,
but neither seems relevant.
- Please test version 3.1.5 or newer from sid, testing, or
- If that reproduces the problem, please also try 3.2-rc7 or newer
- If that reproduces the problem, please send a summary of the
problem to firstname.lastname@example.org, cc-ing
email@example.com, Alessandro Zummo
<firstname.lastname@example.org>, John Stultz <email@example.com>, and
either me or this bug log so we can track it. Be sure to include
a link to <http://bugs.debian.org/646429> for the diagnosis and
be ready to answer questions if the developers have any.
- If you find yourself wanting to test a patch, see  for
instructions and feel free to do the actual building on some beefy
machine other than the one you're testing on.
Thanks much, and good luck,
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org