> The user reports that kernel 3.2-rc4 works fine when package "firmware-
> linux-nonfree" is not installed.
Excellent. The next step is indeed to report this upstream.
Be sure to mention:
- steps to reproduce the problem
- symptoms and how they differ from the expected result (that should
be simple enough in this case
- which other versions you tried and the result for each
- a link to http://bugs.debian.org/651532 for the full story
- any other hints or weird observations
- full "dmesg" output and Xorg.0.log from booting and reproducing the
problem with 3.2-rc4, with the firmware available
- full "dmesg" output and Xorg.0.log from booting 3.2-rc4 without the
firmware available, for contrast
And please let us know the bug number so we can track it.
Thanks very much,
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com
Archive: 20111213195213.GA2011@elie.hsd1.il.comcast.net">ht tp://lists.debian.org/20111213195213.GA2011@elie.hsd1.il.comcast.net