FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Kernel

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-11-2011, 12:56 AM
Ben Hutchings
 
Default Uploading linux-2.6 (3.1.0-1)

I intend to upload linux-2.6 version 3.1.0-1 to sid this weekend.
This will include stable update 3.1.1 and fixes for the FTBFS in sid
(powerpc) and experimental (armel, powerpc). It will be built with
gcc-4.6, the default compiler version for wheezy.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
The program is absolutely right; therefore, the computer must be wrong.
 
Old 11-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Bastian Blank
 
Default Uploading linux-2.6 (3.1.0-1)

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 01:56:46AM +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> I intend to upload linux-2.6 version 3.1.0-1 to sid this weekend.
> This will include stable update 3.1.1 and fixes for the FTBFS in sid
> (powerpc) and experimental (armel, powerpc). It will be built with
> gcc-4.6, the default compiler version for wheezy.

What now. 3.1.0-1 or 3.1.1-1?

Bastian

--
No more blah, blah, blah!
-- Kirk, "Miri", stardate 2713.6


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20111111133851.GA31355@wavehammer.waldi.eu.org">ht tp://lists.debian.org/20111111133851.GA31355@wavehammer.waldi.eu.org
 
Old 11-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Ben Hutchings
 
Default Uploading linux-2.6 (3.1.0-1)

On Fri, 2011-11-11 at 14:38 +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 01:56:46AM +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > I intend to upload linux-2.6 version 3.1.0-1 to sid this weekend.
> > This will include stable update 3.1.1 and fixes for the FTBFS in sid
> > (powerpc) and experimental (armel, powerpc). It will be built with
> > gcc-4.6, the default compiler version for wheezy.
>
> What now. 3.1.0-1 or 3.1.1-1?

Calling it 3.1.1-1 means another new orig tarball and won't avoid
confusion when we apply further stable updates without bumping the
upstream version.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
The program is absolutely right; therefore, the computer must be wrong.
 
Old 11-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Bastian Blank
 
Default Uploading linux-2.6 (3.1.0-1)

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 04:49:57PM +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-11-11 at 14:38 +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > What now. 3.1.0-1 or 3.1.1-1?
> Calling it 3.1.1-1 means another new orig tarball and won't avoid
> confusion when we apply further stable updates without bumping the
> upstream version.

One orig per stable version was the plan.

Bastian

--
It would be illogical to kill without reason.
-- Spock, "Journey to Babel", stardate 3842.4


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20111111183424.GA4534@wavehammer.waldi.eu.org">htt p://lists.debian.org/20111111183424.GA4534@wavehammer.waldi.eu.org
 
Old 11-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Ben Hutchings
 
Default Uploading linux-2.6 (3.1.0-1)

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 07:34:25PM +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 04:49:57PM +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > On Fri, 2011-11-11 at 14:38 +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > > What now. 3.1.0-1 or 3.1.1-1?
> > Calling it 3.1.1-1 means another new orig tarball and won't avoid
> > confusion when we apply further stable updates without bumping the
> > upstream version.
>
> One orig per stable version was the plan.

I'm not sure we're ready to do that yet. We certainly won't be able
to do that during a (Debian) stable release as the old kernel packages
will not get auto-removed.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
We get into the habit of living before acquiring the habit of thinking.
- Albert Camus


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20111111205706.GS3366@decadent.org.uk">http://lists.debian.org/20111111205706.GS3366@decadent.org.uk
 
Old 11-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Bastian Blank
 
Default Uploading linux-2.6 (3.1.0-1)

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 08:57:06PM +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 07:34:25PM +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > One orig per stable version was the plan.
> I'm not sure we're ready to do that yet. We certainly won't be able
> to do that during a (Debian) stable release as the old kernel packages
> will not get auto-removed.

Hu? I don't speak about package names, only versions.

Bastian

--
Oh, that sound of male ego. You travel halfway across the galaxy and
it's still the same song.
-- Eve McHuron, "Mudd's Women", stardate 1330.1


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20111111211454.GA12620@wavehammer.waldi.eu.org">ht tp://lists.debian.org/20111111211454.GA12620@wavehammer.waldi.eu.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:39 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org