Old 10-10-2011, 09:45 PM
"Brian C. Lane"

Default changing the color scheme in text based install

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 04:22:57PM -0500, Paul B Schroeder wrote:
> Hello all..
>
> I'm doing a custom distro in which the customer would like to change the
> red and blue color scheme. I've done a quick peruse through the
> anaconda source tree and it is not readily apparent to me where I would
> make such a change. Can anybody out there provide me a hint as to where
> I should look to make this change?
>
> Thanks in advance...Paul...

We use the snack interface to newt to handle text mode. The top
level of this is in pyanaconda/text.py where we setup SnackScreen. I
don't see any instances of us setting the color so I think that the
white on blue is the default color scheme.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:46 PM
"Jason L Tibbitts III"

PBS> Hello all.. I'm doing a custom distro in which the customer would
PBS> like to change the red and blue color scheme. I've done a quick
PBS> peruse through the anaconda source tree and it is not readily
PBS> apparent to me where I would make such a change.

The anaconda text mode code just calls the functions from the snack
python module which is part of the newt-python package. I'm pretty sure
that the color choices come from whatever is compiled into the newt
library. See the NEWT_COLORSET_* defines in newt.h.

- J<